Anti footballing Stoke

Fair play to Stoke City, must be hard being a stoke fan though, no fan wants to watch that kind of football. Would you rather win like that or lose in style?

Win like that, every single time.

They do play anti-football in many ways, and it's never really pleasant to watch. I'd much prefer teams like west brom stay up than stoke, but if they get the points then there are no real grounds to complain. Can't see them beating Bolton at Wembley though, Bolton can be just as physical as well as playing some nice football. Not to mention the fact that the pitch is much wider so Delap may have less of an impact.

Really? I am not convinced you would. It's boring.

Regardless of whether it's boring or not, for them it's successful.

Would you rather be a millionaire answering phones all day, or struggle with bills climbing mountains and travelling?

In fairness, it is amusing watching the ball being bundled over the line unless its against your team. I'd love to see Stoke's goals over a season and see how many were from open play.

Quite like Stoke. If every team played the same type of football it would make it less interesting. Stoke actually do play some good stuff but the media don't mention it.

Would rather win like Stoke than be beaten like West Ham.

Regardless of whether it's boring or not, for them it's successful.

Would you rather be a millionaire answering phones all day, or struggle with bills climbing mountains and travelling?
Most definitely struggling with bills and travelling.

tbh Stoke are anti football. Opposite of fast paced passing game which is what I like, I hate Stoke and the way they play. Fair enough if it works for them but they're not entertaining and if I was a Stoke fan I'd be a bit peeved.

p.s I know Newcastle aren't exactly Barcelona ;)

I agree that their football is ugly. And those who say they play with their own strenghts....yes they do, but they have actually built it themselves.

They probly assign their scouts like: Look at cheap quality players...must be good in air. And must be atleast 190cm or something.

They only have wingers and full backs that aren't very tall (1 of them is). They will continue that style..because if they lose an tall player. They simply sign another tall player.

They will always be known as an physical side.

Last edited:
How is hoofing anti football. IMO parking bus without having nay intention of even counter attacking is anti football. 10 men in the box and defend, kick the ball at sight, no will to make a pass.

Stoke are playing to their strengths, I dont think it can termed as Anti football.

If Stoke win by playing this brand of football then why would they change?? They have to make sure number one survive not worry about how other teams dis-agree with their style of football. Just suck it up mate honestly.

I hate the term "anti-football."

It's so insulting to smaller teams that play how they want to play. Last time I checked, Stoke are playing football, so they can play how they like.

I like Stoke, and they have created a style of football that really works and keeps them as a mid table side. If everyone plays like Barcelona, football would be boring.

wembley wembley were the famous stoke city and were going to wembley so get over it.