Anybody running Update 2009?

w9lko

Reaction score
Just wondering how you are finding this database thinking of updating it at the end of of the window, wondering if theres any point and any particular thing to add.

Willing to listen to any ideas (H)

Im using it. I picked Real Madrid. Start of 2nd season and Im bored with it. You have all the talent they do and you also get £300m to buy players. I bought Vidic, Ribery, Villa, Chellini and won the Champions League and La Liga.

Do you want me to post a few screenshots show you how certain leagues ended up after 1st season in Update 2009?

if you could do that please it would be good and yeah thats the thing with Madrid on the game, Man City would be a better challenge as you would have to build up to get a challenge kind of don't know what I can do with Real.

Let's face it... neither Real Madrid OR Man City are a challenge on Update 2009 or any other database.

Let's face it... neither Real Madrid OR Man City are a challenge on Update 2009 or any other database.

Let's face it.... are they that much of a challenge in real life, Man City don't have a great reputation so getting players will be hard

Let's face it.... are they that much of a challenge in real life, Man City don't have a great reputation so getting players will be hard

Laugh out loud.

If you think getting players with Man City is hard... well I won't say anything else, just 'Laugh out loud'.

:wub:

i am man city just finshed me 2nd season with it
got a new team nd i mean new team

Laugh out loud.

If you think getting players with Man City is hard... well I won't say anything else, just 'Laugh out loud'

Hmm, I'm not trying to say that i just mean you may have a tiny bit of a challenge with City to get the big players without winning something .......... maybe i should of worded it better

Oh god no its no challenge. I have an actual save game going im just enjoying the fun of this for now. However 2 seasons in and 2 European Cups and 2 La Ligas.

ill post pictures when im back at my home PC

Ok so this is my current Real Madrid squad after 2 seasons of the UpdateView attachment 9447

Here is a general indication of what to expect when you play. I have a screenshot of the English, French, German, Spanish and Italian leagues after the 1st season.

View attachment 9448
View attachment 9450
View attachment 9449
View attachment 9452
View attachment 9451

Other interesting news:
- Bolton signed Beckham and he formed a lethal partnership with Kevin Davies. Beckham had 2nd highest assist count in Premiership and Davies was top goalscorer.

- Adebayor played only 6 games for City before moving to Barcelona in a player exchange with Henry heading to City. He had a great season in Spain.

- Liverpool have collapsed. Failed to make Europe two years in a row. Quite poor. Seem to be the new Newcastle.

- Darren Ferguson has guided Peterborogh to the Premiership.

Any other info available on request.

Cheers, looks like only Premier League has messed up Burnley 8th ??? mine seems quite accurate at the moment with a few surprises like West Ham being lower than expected other than that no complaints, and your tactic for Madrid looks quality.

Adebayor transferred back to Arsenal in January for 20 million, sometimes you wish you could determine more things on FM..

Beckham has signed for Villa and they have spent 43 Million XD

My god your skin is bright

3806360116_dd4ae9c8f8_o.jpg

"Not as bright as mine" :p

Francis, go to the main FM09 page and click on "forums" in the top right corner. Then just click into a subject like General Discussion or Tactics and Training and click on New Topic.

great update.. got it workin
but why is adebayor's value 5m?

---------- Post added at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

ok need a bit of help......
I'm Real Madrid and I don't know who I should buy David Silva or Frank Ribery
but Ribery will be out for nearly two months should i wait to buy him . Or just go for Silva.
oh and I need a striker to partner Benzema.. Could you please say who ..and how much you would bid for

thanks

The injuries in this thread must be fixed. It has ruined my game of FM. I know you went to a lot of effort doing it and im not complaining but you wanted feedback. The Hyperthrobic Cardiomyopathy, Cancer, Swine Flu etc are a joke and ruin the game.

I had 3 players develop HC (all out 14-19 months). I fell from 4th to 7th as a result. Fulham had 6 players develop it and got relegated despite looking like European qualificaiton at Christmas.