Asian players not being counted as Asian?

spzero

Reaction score
I'm a bit confused on something. The K-Leagues have a maximum of 3 foreign players per team, or 4 if at least one of them is a foreign Asian. At least that's what I gather from the rule books and from previous season experience. (Last season I had Tim Cahill, Alberto Aquilani, Carlos Vela, and Ojgnen Vukujevic on my team)

So I recently signed a player from Uzbekistan and a player from Iran (on two different teams) and to my surprise, they apparently are not considered Asian. Of course, both countries play in the Asia and are in the Asian qualifiers for the world cup. However, when I try to register them on the team, they are counted as foreigners that are not Asian.

What gives?

When I try to register my Iranian player, the number for "Maximum of 3 Foreign Players" number goes up, but the number for "Maximum of 4 foreign players (not including Asian players)" stays the same. Yet when I register Brazilian player that I have, both numbers go up, meaning that there is something wrong with how people are being counted.

Dude you have Aquilani and Cahill in the K-league... thats just OWNAGE hahah

Come to think about it, I registered these players just fine not an hour ago and it worked correctly. I stopped playing and Steam updated the game to the new patch. Maybe that's the cause?

Dude you have Aquilani and Cahill in the K-league... thats just OWNAGE hahah

Yeah. My FC Seoul team are by far the best team in the K-League and have dominated the Asian Champions League for the past 4 years.