Avoiding relegation - For the Bluenoses

millsybeast

Reaction score
I have taken over Birmingham City with the intent to stay up in the first season. I have signed Amr Zaki to help score goals, but saving the rest of the money for a good player in January.

Drew with Valencia 2-2 with Zaki getting both
Won Darlington 2-0 with Zaki and Chucho scoring
Lost to Sheffield United 2-0 with no-one scoring
And Won Harrogate Town 7-0 with Zaki and Jerome getting a Hattrick and Chucho getting the other.

Wish me luck :D

---------- Post added at 10:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

Players of the Pre-season:

Zaki: Get 6 goals in 4 matches, then you deserve this award
Jerome: Played 1, scored 3. Nuff said.
Benitez (Chucho): 2 goals is decent. Plus he got 4 assists as well.
Hart: Only let in 4 goals, and was also unfit for most of them

im just about to start as birmingham to, which formation you playing i was thinkin 4-3-3 or maybe 4-5-1

im just about to start as birmingham to, which formation you playing i was thinkin 4-3-3 or maybe 4-5-1
4-4-2 would be nice imo cos i played them previously and put benitez and mcfadden up front, htough 4-5-1 can be used against strong teams that attack like crazy

Great start with Birmingham, keep up the form and you should have no problem in EPL ;)

its very tough, i had amazing pre season and 20 games in i had 4 points, dont play roger johnson he sucks, play espinoza at the back with dann or ridgwell

johnson has played well for me and play ridgewell beside him but its your game so do what you like

Everton vs Birmingham

FIRST HALF

17. Carsley gets the ball and has a long shot which hits the bar
19. Carsley chips the ball to Zaki who skies it over.
26. Bilyatenov gets the ball back in his half, plays a beautifull ball to Osman who slams it in the back of the net 1-0 EVERTON!
43. Osman chip it to Cahill who volleys it just wide/

HALF TIME

64. Zaki shoots narrowly wide from 20 yards
70. Hart saves a very good shot from Cahill and turns it over the bar.

FULL TIME: Everton 1-0 Birmingham

Motm: Osman
My Motm: Hart and Zaki did well but id have to agree and say Osman won it for me.

Moyes:

It was a good win, Birmingham were trying very hard to get a point but in the end the best team won. To be honest, i think we should have scored more but 1-0 gets us 3 points.

Mills:

we were unlucky not to get a point in this match, Everton are a good team and they took their chances well while we didnt.

Last edited:
its very tough, i had amazing pre season and 20 games in i had 4 points, dont play roger johnson he sucks, play espinoza at the back with dann or ridgwell
You'll do well if you have a good tactic and know how to use it.

Birmingham vs Stoke

Pre-Match:

Mills:

If we are to survive in this league then we must beat teams like Stoke who are also avoiding relegation. If we win today then our season will be just starting, if we dont then it may take a while. St Andrews has to be a Fortress for us to win matches like these.

First half:

2. Stoke get of to a great start, winning a penalty from Johnsons tackle.
3. Hart saves Tuncay's penalty
32. GOAL!!! A swift counter see's Johnson whack a ball up the park and Benitez connects with it, controlling it, then sends it straight in the back of the net 1-0 to Birmingham
44. GOAL!!! Another counter attack see's Carsley making a through ball to Zaki who has a first touch then hits the bar and it in! 2-0 to Birmingham

HALF TIME

47. Hart makes a great save from a shot by Tuncay.
76. GOAL!!! Zaki makes a great run, crossing the ball right to Carsleys head to make it 3-0 and Tom Mill's first win as Birmingham manager.

FULL TIME: Birmingham 3-0 Stoke

Motm: Carsley
My Motm: Hart. Without his quality saves, we may not have won this game.

Mills:

It was a good solid win, and my team is now starting to work together for one goal, Avoiding relegation. I think we can do it too.

Pullis:

It was a shocking loss, and one we dont expect to happen again. We didnt play at all well and Tom Mill's Birmingham side deserved the win. Of course being away didnt help either.

Last edited:
Good win mate. Home games are vital and winning them is even more vital. Although that game vs Stoke could of been very different if they had scored that penalty

West Ham vs Birmingham

FIRST HALF

34. GOAL!!! First real attack of the game and first goal. Ashton used his superb first touch to pass through the Birmingham Defence and onto Carlton Cole who makes it 1-0 to WEST HAM

38. Second attack and second West Ham attack. Ashton passes to the wings, then Hines crosses an absolute beast of a ball but Hart intercepts and catches the ball.

HALF TIME

67. GOAL!!! The magical Chucho makes it 1-1. He gets the ball at the half way line, skills past 4 players and Whacks a shot right into the net. 1-1!

79. Chucho almost gets his second. He misses a vital header that could change the match

89. PENALTY!!! West Ham get a penalty, but Joe Hart saves another!!! Legendary keeper!

FULL TIME: West Ham 1-1 Birmingham

Motm: Benitez
My Motm: Hart. Benitez had good and bad. He scored the goal that got us a point but he missed a sitter, while Hart conceded but looked solid for most of the game.

Mills:

A draw was good for us. Both teams had chances to make it 2-1 but none went for it and it ended in a decent draw.

Zola:

Well, I er was very unhappy with the way the lads conducted themselves in front of ze goal and we should have won with Penalty to make it 2-1

Last edited:
cheers man you are doing a pretty good job.... good touch signing zaki btw he is real good a real fighter..

Good result, Hart seems to be saving you games at the moment :p

Mahmoud: He is quality :). He is doing well as well as scoring alot in Pre-season.

Kinger74: Hart is a Key player and i hope he can get us points on his own (if you know what i mean). I hope i can buy him next season, but i doubt i will be able to.

Updates will be coming around 1 0r 2 this afternoon because i am busy at the moment

Next 5 games:

Norwich (LC)
Sunderland
Bolton
Man Utd
Spurs

Out of these i would like to get into the next round of the League cup and 4 points at least

Sunderland and Bolton are winnable, United and Spurs are games you should be grateful for a point from

yeah he is quality i knw this much and hey if barcelona bought sercan (turkish striker) like it did on mine for my last 3 games u can try loan him he wud be quality for u with zaki... as for man utd and spurs you should totally use counter attacks and play narrow never give them space in the game... good luck man..

Aims

Premiership

Board: Avoid relegation
Media: 17th
Me: 15th

League Cup

Board: 4th round
Me: Well, i may aim for the Quarter-Finals

FA Cup

Board: 4th round
Me: Semi-Finals possibly

your doing good m8 with some good signings iv managed to get hangeland but it cost me most my budget so play him an ridgewell at the back. who you playing in midfield iv gone for ferguson an bowyer