Barca - 2nd season - transfer advice needed

retroactive

Reaction score
Into the 2nd season with Barca. My side got eclipsed by Real last season in all competitions barring the meaningless
Copa, so I'm looking to get even this time around and I would appreciate any transfer advice.

My squad at the beg. of season 2 is as follows:

GK: Butland, Pinto and Oier/Martinez (from Gunners but can't play him as I already have 3 non EU players)

DL: Alba (PSG willing to buy him for 32 million), Adriano (can play on both flanks so a gr8 utility player)

DR: Alves (final year of contract and Chelski sniffing around with an 8 million offer which I rejected), Montoya

DC: Puyol, Pique, Balanta, Doria ( last 2 being non EU) and a raw Bartra who prob needs to be sold IMO since I have Rugani in the reserves and Cassola coming in next summer

DM: Busquets, Song and a disappointing Dos Santos

CM: Xavi, Iniesta, Roberto, Rafinha (back from loan), Pugilese (back from loan) and Capezzi (bought for 6 million in the summer)

AMR/IF: Sanchez, Gerard D (back from loan), Afellay (final year of contract) and a disappointing Cuenca

AML/IF: Neymar, Pedro and and 18 year old Brandt who I got on a free

ST: Messi, Rescaldani, and 20 year old Cerri and Dongou (back from loan). I also have Barbosa joining in August but due to the EU player quota I doubt I'll be able to play him.

Any suggestions on how to turn this collection of awesome indiduals into an invincible team would be welcome.

I play the 4-3-3 Control and the ultimate 4-2-3-1 tactic I dl from another FM site.

What on earth happened to Fabregas? Sold him in the first season?

BTW, you'll need a better GK;; Try sniffing around for ter Stegen, and sellone or even two of your GK. Ideally, you should only have 2 of them.

A good EU option for Dani Alves is Corchia. And he's a beast. Also, Bartra grows to be a beast with regular playing time. City/Bayern always tend to buy him in my saves for quite some money.

Deulofeu is HGC at club for you? He's rather good, but if you're not happy with him, Shaqiri is top drawer material, and EU too.

Other than that, your team looks decent. Maybe an established CM is needed, but otherwise, good enough. Let your squad gell along to the tactics, and it should be ok..

Buy a young full-back that can play on both flanks as montoya doesnt grow well and adriano will soon age.
Is Butland good??? Cause he never have grown well in any of my 6 saves

The CBs you have bought seems to be young. It will good if you had a experienced and reliable CB.
Buy a young Defensive midfielder too as song always disappoint and soon ages like adriano.

BTW your front line seem very good and other things are well

Actually, Montoya grows pretty well. If he gets playing time, he's very good. Butland needs proper playing time, under human management. Generally, he's never played for the first three seasons or so, naturally he won't develop..

As for Defensive Midfielder, you already have Pugliese, who grows to be a monster.

Should I go for the 30m+ offer that PSG have made for Alba? Shaw was willing to come in for a 25m deal. I can't seem to find Alex Telles in my save. I'm more concerned with Alves aging and Montoya still not showing signs of a top RWB. Regarding the CBs I have Puyol, Pique(wants way too much money to renew in his last year), Balanta, Doria, Rugani (getting tons of loan offers) and Bartra.

I can't seem to offload Bojan, Afellay and Cuenca. I forgot about Cesc. I'm thinking of letting Pugilese and Capezzi going on loan as I already have Song, Busquets, JDS for the DM slot. Xavi, Iniesta, Rafinha, Cesc, Roberto mean I already have 2 CM (playing both as BBM as per the 4-3-3 control tactic i dl from FM***ry.com).

I'm satisfied with the lone forward position - Messi, Rescaldani and Cerri. I let Dongou go on loan to Everton and I have Barbosa coming in next month (shame that with my 3 non EU players quota filled , he won't get in).

Regarding the keeper thing, Butland will get ample playing time as a SK (as per the tactic I dl) and Pinto should be ampe cover for a season. Ter Stegen might come in on a free next summer bcos Gladbach want 11m for him now.

You're Barca and worried about money? >_>

But anyhow, Telles plays for Gremio, in Brazil. You probably won't find him due to Barca scouting being **** (I seem to remember that they mainly, and only had spanish scouts in FM13). Or you need the Leage loaded. But he and Grimaldo are pretty much the same. You have Grimaldo as backup on the left, btw, if no-one else has already signed him. I haven't played much with Alba (except with Spain), but Shaw is solid defensively, and goes nuts offensively, so he's good. Alba should be too, but I haven't played much with him.

Yeah, lower quality wingers are tougher to offload. I haven't been able to offload Young inspite of him having a pretty good season. The teams that want them, can't afford their wages. And if I were you, I'd try to send dos Santos out on loan, and give Pugliese a chance, mainly as a substitute. Barca's only real competition ingame is Madrid, so you should be able to give Pugliese some chances. Mainly because players don't develop as much on loan as previous editions, and Pugliese is a EU national, which can only help.

If you want other quality EU RB, apart from Montoya, then de Sciglio, Corchia and Azpilicueta should be your main bet.

As for CB, I'd look into trying to renew Pique. You won't get that sort of quality any cheaper. I play with Balanta and Doria, so no need to tell me about them, but ideally, you want an experienced CB/CM in the team, who is good enough to play. Puyol won't cut it after a while. Definitely not cool letting him leave on a free transfer.

Juve are offering me Corchia for 11.5 million. PSG still want to give me 30m for Alba and I think I can get Shaw for less than 25m. Are you using the 4-3-3 Control tactic from FMS****.com?

What do I do with the 18 year old Brandt and Gerard D?

I make my own tactics, so naw, not using from that site..?

If you're not happy with Montoya, you can get Corchia, he's solid. As for Alba, it's your decision, cause both are excellent players. Shaw obviously will provide cover for you for a longer time, but it comes to you.

I'm already using Brandt in my Manchester United save in the second year. You can give him game time, alternating him with Pedro. As for Deulofeu, it's your call, again, but I'd keep him for now, considering you lack quality in wings.. He grows to be pretty good..

Doria's still not an EU player and with me grabbing Milosevic on the cheap, I'm thinking why not loan Doria to another La Liga side (he'll get his EU status in a year) and with Pique, Puyol, Balanta, Bartra and Milo I'd have a balanced CB line-up. The extra non- EU slot could enable me to get Barbosa alternating with Messi upfront.

I want to retain Pugilese and Capezzi for the first team but with the impressive midfield I have ATM, I'm thinking why not loan em and I'll rotate JDS and Song with Busi in DM and will sell one of Song and JDS next summer and get an improved Pugilese to deputise for Busi. Capezzi is a bit tricky because he's an all-round midfield/utility player but how is he going to get playing time with Xavi,Iniesta,Cesc, Rafinha, Sergi Roberto vying for the 2 B2B midfield slots.

Hold on Alba. Cause Luke Shaw will take some to gel in and he's young too. Corchia would be only a good cover-up. Never found him with high attributes later in his career

I doubt Barca will be able to buy any of Juve or PSG's stars. I have managed to get Ter Stegen and Umtiti (both EU players) on a Bosman in the Jan '15 transfer window. Dani Alves doesn't want to stay and while I resisted the temptation to sell Alba, I'm afraid Corchia will have to take over from Alves next season with Montoya as backup.

GK: Butland, Pinto and Oier/Martinez (from Gunners but can't play him as I already have 3 non EU players) - Sell except Butland bring in Ter Stegen.

DL: Alba (PSG willing to buy him for 32 million), Adriano (can play on both flanks so a gr8 utility player) - Sell Adriano (too old) bring in Corchia and Di Sciglio (and/or Alaba). Both can play on either side too

DR: Alves (final year of contract and Chelski sniffing around with an 8 million offer which I rejected), Montoya -Either renew Alves' contract or sell him (more advisable). If you do, then try to get Luke Shaw. I dont remember if hes a lb but if you have Corchia and Di Sciglio as per above you ll be covered.

DC: Puyol, Pique, Balanta, Doria ( last 2 being non EU) and a raw Bartra who prob needs to be sold IMO since I have Rugani in the reserves and Cassola coming in next summer - Do nothing except maybe loan out Bartra.

DM: Busquets, Song and a disappointing Dos Santos - Sell Song and Dos Santos. Look for Spanish DMs or - Romero (Velez), Gil Romero (Estudiantes), Guido Pizzarro (sp) who has EU passport or somebody expensive such as SANDRO.

CM: Xavi, Iniesta, Roberto, Rafinha (back from loan), Pugilese (back from loan) and Capezzi (bought for 6 million in the summer) - Who's Roberto?

AMR/IF: Sanchez, Gerard D (back from loan), Afellay (final year of contract) and a disappointing Cuenca -Sell Afellay and Cuenca, bring in Muniain and Griezmann (as well as Sadio Mane if you have EU slots or Stanciu/Iancu if not) and/or Hamsik.

AML/IF: Neymar, Pedro and and 18 year old Brandt who I got on a free - Loan Brandt out

CF: Messi, Rescaldani, and 20 year old Cerri and Dongou (back from loan). I also have Barbosa joining in August but due to the EU player quota I doubt I'll be able to play him. - Loan out Dongou and Barbossa as well as Cerri. Buy a luxury cf such as Falcao/Cavani or a more reasonable investment such as Lukaku.