CrazySaint

Reaction score
People need to stop trying to emulate Barcelona in tactics. There's only one way of recreating this tactic and that's PPMs and the players. You can create any tactic you want but if you stick the wrong players in it, they're never going to play the fluid football you want. I beleive the only way of recreating Barcelona is to train a team over a few years, gaining new players and training them, to have the the right PPMs for their position.

Examples of this would be MCR - Xavi's position. I'd give him similar to what he has in-game: killer passes, short simple passes, dictates tempo etc. No matter what his instructions are, he's always going to look for short passes and the occasional killer ball, all the meanwhile playing short/fast passes depending on the tempo he wants to set.

See what I mean? You have created a 'tactic' in one player. Now mimic that across the board and make every player have the PPMs: plays short simple passes, trys killer balls and then whatever is relevant for their position.

Anyone wanna have a go? Maybe best suited for 2013, as it will require a long save - I'd say minimum 5 years before every player is ready, and that's assuming you start at a club like Chelsea or City with money to bring in players and coaches.

Ive got to ad mit this fm there has been a huge increase in the barcelona tactics

Or, you could just make up your own tactic that is good for flowing football? My Flamengo team has a great tactic which usually leaves me permenantly in the oppositions half with possesion

barca is to easy why do people create tactics with big teams all the time why not try lower teams? as if you can get 1 to work with lower teams then obviously it will work better with better players wont it? so then move from a lower team to a medium team and if it continues to work then move to a top team! people just take the easy option on this game all the time. every tactic you see is barca man utd or real madrid whats the point of easy all the time ?

barca is to easy why do people create tactics with big teams all the time why not try lower teams? as if you can get 1 to work with lower teams then obviously it will work better with better players wont it? so then move from a lower team to a medium team and if it continues to work then move to a top team! people just take the easy option on this game all the time. every tactic you see is barca man utd or real madrid whats the point of easy all the time ?

People play with those teams for two reasons. Firstly, they get à kick out Of winnning matches and winning them big and secondly people like to play with their favourite team/players and more peoeple support Man U than Mansfield. Also, just bacause àn approach works and make you overperform with Mansfield, it not mean it will be à good approach playing with Man U. There are also many tactics uploaded for underdogs.

People also play with barca because they enjoy the challenge of developing the young players just like barca irl. I have had many saves in fm and I can honestly say the most enjoyable and fulfilling is my barca saves

I have to agree that Barca is not a tactic.

You have Spain without Messi and Argentina without Xavi, and you see 2 things: Spain it's boring (low CCCs) without Messi and Argentina does not supply so many CCCs to Messi, even with Aguero, Di Maria and others.

The players in possession tactics have more importance as attributes have in counter attack tactics.
If you put PPMs like the ones in the 1st post you will have your team players doing what Barca does. If you try that with Man Utd, the result will not be the same, since the PPMs are not!

Btw, any tactic can be a Barca tactic, since they dont use any rigid model, but work like a living organism, adapting to every opponent, changing what they need in response to the chalenges,

Barcelona indeed is not a tactic...it is a philosophy thats being employed on the pitch.

It took Barcelona decades to perfect the soccer they play today, yet its still a philosophy that they employ and not a tactic.

The fact that Barca employes a philosophy instead of a tactic is underpinned by the fact that no matter what tactical set-up you use they will play according to philosophy.

It is this philosophy, which has been perfected over time, that makes Barca so fluid and dangerous on the pitch.

IF you really want your club to play like Barca, then you should dedicate yourself to your youth where you let them train and play according to this philosophy.

This means developing training schedules for your youth which translate that philosophy and ALSO train those atributes that are needed for the ppm's that are needed to put that philosophy to show on the pitch.

Besides the training schedules you will need a tactical set-up in which the instructions are nearly perfect set according to that philosophy...but...also has no conflicts with your training schedules.

If you realy want to play like Barca then you have to know and understand their philosophy into detail so that your tactical instructions of your own made tactic fit perfectly, your training schedule is according to that philosophy and so that you as manager buy players who fit in that philosophy or require the least training to addept that philosophy.

You could be inspired by Barca's play...but the nice thing of soccer is that every person has its own perspective on how the game should be played....try to employ your own philosophy instead of trying to be something you are not or you don't understand.

So it's a philosophy then!!! It winds me up the amount of people who go on about it and play as Barcelona.
Why? I've played with various teams as I'm sure it's fun as Barcelona but why do so many have such a ***** for them??
Trying to create anything about how a team plays kind of defeats making your own and adapting it as your team does!!

I'm trying to do something like that in Benfica.

I just buy players under 19. If under 18, they go to the junior squad until they have 19. The junior squad only have 3 trainings: Gk, defensive and offensive. As this edited data as a bug in the portuguese junior competition, i arrange friendlies, always with bigger reputation teams, as player develop better playing games against ****** opponents. In the end of a season they have more than 30 games, each.
The tactic is the same of the senior squad.
After making 19, they go to the B squad and start more detailed training: Gk, Fb, CB, MC, AM and ST.
The B squad plays in the Portuguese 2nd league, with 22 teams (42 games, plus league cup (bug). total: more than 46 matches)
The ones who don't have much games in January, go to satellite clubs for the rest of the season (Anderlecht, Twente, Split, Everton).

As this DB have 3 cups, one being the Iberic Cup, the main squad as more than 70 games per season, and players from the B squad play alot in the main squad. So, their development is taken care with all this details.

If they get good with the team, trainings, tactics and have patience, they will have a main squad place at least at the age of 21/22. Then they have one season to work their way to get a place in the final 30. If they got it, i will sell the older player, even if he has 23 years old! If they don't have it, i will loan them again.

The next season, at the maximum age of 24, they will have their last chance. If they grab it, the older goes out, if not, i sell.

Instead of skills points or tactic, i use PPMS, specially in the midfield.

Simple pass, plays one twos, through balls often, dictates tempo.

I only these in the 2 MCs, but next season, going to put this in the FB, wingers and strikers, hoping to get more possession without leaving my counter attack tactic.

I think that's all