hey bud :) I tried your tactic again (still one of the selections in my match prep) vs a bigger team (Juventus) with my Napoli squad but was down 3:0 at half time.. I switched over to my tactic and came back to 3:2 in the end.. I reloaded the save and used my tactic and won 2:1 creating 5 CCC's with 53% possession... I think your tactic had about 64% possession with no CCC's unfortunately

Your tactic really does get a lot of possession and I admire that but I really hope you can work it out that it can work with a lot of different teams and actually score goals and create chances as it seems like a good one so far!

Keep it up and good luck :) If you would like I will use this in some of my games throughout the next several weeks and will gladly try and assist you in tweaking it :)

I started a new game this morning with Afc Wimbledon this morning to continue my testing after Man Utd, Az Alkmaar and Napoli so far!

hey bud :) I tried your tactic again (still one of the selections in my match prep) vs a bigger team (Juventus) with my Napoli squad but was down 3:0 at half time.. I switched over to my tactic and came back to 3:2 in the end.. I reloaded the save and used my tactic and won 2:1 creating 5 CCC's with 53% possession... I think your tactic had about 64% possession with no CCC's unfortunately

Your tactic really does get a lot of possession and I admire that but I really hope you can work it out that it can work with a lot of different teams and actually score goals and create chances as it seems like a good one so far!

Keep it up and good luck :) If you would like I will use this in some of my games throughout the next several weeks and will gladly try and assist you in tweaking it :)

I started a new game this morning with Afc Wimbledon this morning to continue my testing after Man Utd, Az Alkmaar and Napoli so far!

thx for feedback... There is one interesting thing I've noticed in FM 11, and for now also in FM 12; the thing is that tactic which is very successful with every Barcelona save game will not be successful with Malaga for example (and thats kind of normal cuz Barca has so much better players), and tactic that works brilliant for Malaga will not work for Barcelona, and thats kind of strange because I was in believe that if I create tactic that medium quality teams will have lot of possession and passes, that same tactic will work with much better results with Barcelona, but thats not the case.
I am referring to my kind of tactic stye with lots possession and passes.
I was testing my new tactic with Malaga with very good results, and I've tried that same tactic with Barcelona and get katastrofic results. Btw I've tried few times your tactics and most of them worked very well. You to worked on Barca style (deathslayer barca stye)...

I wanted to ask you if your players dropped status because match preparation is set to verry high?

hi,actic for barca and hopefully some advice. The tactic can easily win against all team, for example Real madrid (3-0 & 1-0) in the opening two games of the season. However, the passes for the tam are high, but xavi (or any other) midfielder) gets no where near a 100+ passes. Is there something i am doing wrong? I havent included shouts or anything yet, but coulc that be useful?

I am really just looking for the quality of play to be better at th moment etc passes up much higher. So far Alves gets 70+ a game but not near enough

I never posted before, but i have been using fm for years. So quick back on the t

Been trying myself,and made a pretty good Barca tactic but yours looks a lot better(i was never able to get Xavi 100+ passes)
And nice to see someone obsessed with Barca as much as I am ;)

With my tactics i got Sociedad's playmaker Zurutuza to have over 100 passes and my team to got 65% or more ball possession in games.Sorry for bad english

rsociedadvatalantastats.png

Last edited:
having great success with this at City even beat Barca 4-0 at home in champs league. CCC averaging 4/5 per game with 65% of possession.

just out of curiousity, is there a specific reason this tactic was made in "classic" instead the usual?

Excellent tactic. Very much appreciated mate. I had my Liverpool team playing in a Barca style before, but this one is definitely better. More passing, more possession. Team are still adapting to it. Had Charlie Adam and Jose Enrique complete over 180 passes between them in the last game. 525 passes in that game with 76% possession. 23 attempts on goal but only 5 on target. Way less fouls as well.

My question, sort of like Jeff above me, why is it in classic mode? I'm looking to bring in some players to fit this tactic a bit more (Carroll won't/cannot fit this formation) but I don't really know what roles my new players should be taking up. Any tips on that?

just out of curiousity, is there a specific reason this tactic was made in "classic" instead the usual?

Well I found in Fm 11 that TC tactic cant produce that much of possession and passes. I am working on new tactic but its also classic but produce 65-70% possession and 130-150 completed passes od playmaker

Well I found in Fm 11 that TC tactic cant produce that much of possession and passes. I am working on new tactic but its also classic but produce 65-70% possession and 130-150 completed passes od playmaker

Yet how many of the passes are contributing towards attacking play? It rly aint hard to get everyone pass helluva lot -> Just Mentalities to Defensive, no-one allowed to run with ball and Passing style the shortest. There U have it, They pass the ball to the death and to the end of the game. Alright, that example wasnt the best. But 130 - 150 Passes to the playmaker, How many does ur CB's have? Same? 200? Does it help your game if U pass the ball the ball from playmaker to defenders? No? Same applies to Fullbacks, tho they are a bit attacking if U compare to CB's. In a Barca system U quoted that Guardiola comment where he spoke about keeping the ball in the opposition's half. That is something I think these tactics should focus heavily on. Get them pass the ball around the attacking half and only using the CB's / Mascherano/Busquets - DM - role for backup plan if there is none. Less passes to own half, more to their half. That is contributing to attacking play and how Barca do play in real world. Now, my intention aint calling this tactic *****, as it aint that as we have seen. I also do Barca Style tactics, as some possibly know and what annoys me in a Barca styled tactic is that the defenders pass too much. Just too much and that ****** me off. I hope it does **** you too. But we gotta face the reality -> Perhaps the match engine aint good enough yet, perhaps the AI hasnt figured out how we want our guys to move, to play, to pass. Theyre still kinda mindless Zombies out there. Perhaps its a matter of studying, trying, experimenting and unlocking the truth. Well okay, but the point is -> When U can make a tactic has the following key elements, U R the true genius and master of all time, the Uber one.

The elements;

- Lots of passes, which contribute to attacking play, creating openings -> chances -> Goals
- High pressing immediately when lost possession
- Movement off the ball (Players gotta run to positions where they can receive the pass, creating triangles)
- Making the players rly to play via the Playmaker(s)
- Keeping the ball at the oppositions half

I believe these are the key things that, if U accomplish these, U will get the passes, goals, chances, the Barca style of play.
Ive been trying to do this, yet havent done it yet.

Now dont get this comment wrong, Ive got nothing against this tactic, just advising, giving aid to a fellow Barca man, so to say :)

Yet how many of the passes are contributing towards attacking play? It rly aint hard to get everyone pass helluva lot -> Just Mentalities to Defensive, no-one allowed to run with ball and Passing style the shortest. There U have it, They pass the ball to the death and to the end of the game. Alright, that example wasnt the best. But 130 - 150 Passes to the playmaker, How many does ur CB's have? Same? 200? Does it help your game if U pass the ball the ball from playmaker to defenders? No? Same applies to Fullbacks, tho they are a bit attacking if U compare to CB's. In a Barca system U quoted that Guardiola comment where he spoke about keeping the ball in the opposition's half. That is something I think these tactics should focus heavily on. Get them pass the ball around the attacking half and only using the CB's / Mascherano/Busquets - DM - role for backup plan if there is none. Less passes to own half, more to their half. That is contributing to attacking play and how Barca do play in real world. Now, my intention aint calling this tactic *****, as it aint that as we have seen. I also do Barca Style tactics, as some possibly know and what annoys me in a Barca styled tactic is that the defenders pass too much. Just too much and that ****** me off. I hope it does **** you too. But we gotta face the reality -> Perhaps the match engine aint good enough yet, perhaps the AI hasnt figured out how we want our guys to move, to play, to pass. Theyre still kinda mindless Zombies out there. Perhaps its a matter of studying, trying, experimenting and unlocking the truth. Well okay, but the point is -> When U can make a tactic has the following key elements, U R the true genius and master of all time, the Uber one.

The elements;

- Lots of passes, which contribute to attacking play, creating openings -> chances -> Goals
- High pressing immediately when lost possession
- Movement off the ball (Players gotta run to positions where they can receive the pass, creating triangles)
- Making the players rly to play via the Playmaker(s)
- Keeping the ball at the oppositions half

I believe these are the key things that, if U accomplish these, U will get the passes, goals, chances, the Barca style of play.
Ive been trying to do this, yet havent done it yet.

Now dont get this comment wrong, Ive got nothing against this tactic, just advising, giving aid to a fellow Barca man, so to say :)

I agree with you... Most of passing should be in opposition half.
Due to ME its very hard to kepp FB from getting so much passes.

I am working on tactic that will have most of passes in opposition half, but tactic shape wont and cant be like or similar to barca tactic, cuz its imposibile to use that tactic shape and have possession, tons of passes, and most of passes in oposition half.
I am testing my new product for now results are great but I wont posting tactic till i don't test it with lot of teams .

---------- Post added 28/10/2011 at 09:30 AM ---------- Previous post was 27/10/2011 at 03:40 PM ----------

currently testing third edition, with most success so far... most passes in other team half with no more lots of passes made by FB or CB

Match against Barca

Last edited:
I agree with you... Most of passing should be in opposition half.
Due to ME its very hard to kepp FB from getting so much passes.

I am working on tactic that will have most of passes in opposition half, but tactic shape wont and cant be like or similar to barca tactic, cuz its imposibile to use that tactic shape and have possession, tons of passes, and most of passes in oposition half.
I am testing my new product for now results are great but I wont posting tactic till i don't test it with lot of teams .

---------- Post added 28/10/2011 at 09:30 AM ---------- Previous post was 27/10/2011 at 03:40 PM ----------

currently testing third edition, with most success so far... most passes in other team half with no more lots of passes made by FB or CB

Match against Barca

Thats looking promising, I wonder what U did?

Great tactic... Would there happen to be a training schedule with this?