Axx90

Reaction score
Hi
I have this question regarding implementing Messi in my team. I play Man City and in my thris season and I have just agreed a contract with Messi and he will be joining my club in about 4 months from now (3-4 real time days). Here comes the tactical question:
I play 4-2-3-1 with following roles:
GK(D)
FB(auto)-CD(D)-CD(D)-FB(auto)
CM(auto)-CM(auto)
W(support)-OM(Support)-W(Support)
AF(Attack)
In the winger positions I currently play Sterling on the right and yarmolenko on the left as they cross a lot for Aguero who got like 60 goals already this season. In the OM position I play Kevin De BRuyne. For the main purpose of this post: How can I implement Messi in this team? Should I play him behind Aguero? Or drop yarmolenko and play Messi and Sterling as inside forwards?
Best Regards

Messi as a Trequartista/SS behind Aguero, with both your wingers staying wide?

@Markyplatt

1) what are you saying, can't understand a word of it?
2) It's a mere suggestion to OP, who seems to want to retain his current formation.
3) What has Zaza to do with this topic?

@Markyplatt

1) what are you saying, can't understand a word of it?
2) It's a mere suggestion to OP, who seems to want to retain his current formation.
3) What has Zaza to do with this topic?

Hes just posting his tactic in as many threads as he can as usual

Hes just posting his tactic in as many threads as he can as usual

So there are actually no warnings for that? It essentially offers nothing to the topic :O...

@Axx90 keep us posted about the results :). Love to see if it works well or not!

So there are actually no warnings for that? It essentially offers nothing to the topic :O...

@Axx90 keep us posted about the results :). Love to see if it works well or not!

I will once I have something to show :)

I have seen 100 - 150 goals out of him on various users as a Target Man.

View attachment 286374
I have played him in 3 games now in the league only due to fitness. He had layed all summer for argentina so i am patient with him.
View attachment 286371
I changed my tactictal formation in this season from 4-2-3-1 to 4-3-1-2 as I wanted to play as central as possible because there is the strenght of my players. I am begining to dislike wide players as the are not so efficient imo.
Therefor I decided to play Messi and Aguero as Deep lying forwards with sterling behind them as a SS. It is working well for me and here are the results of the season so far.
View attachment 286370

Hi
I have this question regarding implementing Messi in my team. I play Man City and in my thris season and I have just agreed a contract with Messi and he will be joining my club in about 4 months from now (3-4 real time days). Here comes the tactical question:
I play 4-2-3-1 with following roles:
GK(D)
FB(auto)-CD(D)-CD(D)-FB(auto)
CM(auto)-CM(auto)
W(support)-OM(Support)-W(Support)
AF(Attack)
In the winger positions I currently play Sterling on the right and yarmolenko on the left as they cross a lot for Aguero who got like 60 goals already this season. In the OM position I play Kevin De BRuyne. For the main purpose of this post: How can I implement Messi in this team? Should I play him behind Aguero? Or drop yarmolenko and play Messi and Sterling as inside forwards?
Best Regards

IF - A (Right side)
TI - Explore the right flank
Your striker can play Trequartista or F9 and then make them swap