Best positions/assistant team selection.

s024201

Reaction score
How important is it to play your players in their best position. After a bit of self reflection on FM the other day I realized that I buy very good players but because I am a bit of a tinkerer I sometimes will be putting players in positions other than those that they are natural in. Secondly how much attention do you give to your assistant reports when you ask him to pick a team? Could not find a thread regarding this, and if there is, my apologies.

It si not that important plating a player in his best role. for example I've seen a lot of people play C.Ronaldo as striker with very good results.

I listen a bit to the assistant manager but after a while you will see which players that perform the best. also players form will help you decide who to play.

Assistant manager picks players and their position is just a rough guide and if im not wrong he picks the player with the highest attributes to match his role, E.g. Winger (acceleration,pace,dribbling,crossing etc etc).

But you have to make changes because my manager sets pirlo or ambrosini(whom have great determination,tackling,positioning etc etc etc) as a defensive midfielder but they have got old and their stamina has gone down alot, so they will not be as effective as maybe a central midfield role.

Certain players who play in the same role might have more/less effect depending on the side you play him at. Left footed wingers who play on the right, vice versa.(ribery,robben etc) Or left footed strikers playing on the right side,vice versa.