4-2-2-2 Incredible strike force.

I`m using this tactic since FM10 came up. I did make a few adjustements along the way, giving each player individual instructions. It helped me win the Premier League with Newcastle in the 3rd season or score over 100 goals with M.City, in Premier League.
On the other hand, you will probly concede more goals than usual.:D
At the moment I`m playing with Bayern Munchen, start of the 3rd season. Won the German League each time, and the Champions League in the first season.

Hi mate,

I was using my old tactic 4 defenders 1 DMC(Anchor) 1 MC (A.Playm) 2 Inside Forwards and 2 Forwards. It was pretty good but i really wanna try yours. However, i'm a bit worried too since maybe my team cannot handle this offensive tactic.

Anyway, here is my team with your formation so if you say i'm good enough to try the tactic then i'll try it!!

By the way i'm in second season now.

Joe Hart

Andreas Beck - C. Zapata - Felipe - Miguel Torres

Verratti

Gervinho - Juan Albin - E. Hazard - Really classy Regen

Soldado or Lukaku

I also have Annan - L. Traore - S.Radu - S.Aurier - Horava - S. Ninis - Otamendi - D.Wilson - A.Wass
I have 6m£ so i can bring couple of players too if you say that i should

Last edited:
This is a very good squad my friend. You should really try it. Andreas Beck is great with this tactic. I had him in my AC Milan team many seasons ago. Zapata is also very good, same as Verratti. I am in 2024 and still have Verratti as my MC. The problem with your squad is you STRIKERS. You really need a striker with high agility, crossing (if possible) and dribling. Tell me what year are you playing and what team are you playing. How much money do you think you will get in the next summer for transfers ? Please post here and I will reply to you as soon as possible and recomand you a few strikers. You can keep Lukaku, but Soldado ... not really.

This is a very good squad my friend. You should really try it. Andreas Beck is great with this tactic. I had him in my AC Milan team many seasons ago. Zapata is also very good, same as Verratti. I am in 2024 and still have Verratti as my MC. The problem with your squad is you STRIKERS. You really need a striker with high agility, crossing (if possible) and dribling. Tell me what year are you playing and what team are you playing. How much money do you think you will get in the next summer for transfers ? Please post here and I will reply to you as soon as possible and recomand you a few strikers. You can keep Lukaku, but Soldado ... not really.

I'm in the start of the second season with Getafe in August actually. I do have 6-7m£ as remaining budget and we won the league last year so we are in Champions League. I could sell Soldado to make extra cash ( He scored 33 last year though ) and couple of others to bring a new striker then. Who would you recommend?

Edit: How about G.Rossi or Hulk maybe?

Last edited:
Soldado is a good striker, but with this tactic, I think not. You could keep him, maybe he will score lots of goals. I would recomand Dzeko, Iker Munian, Chamakh, Gignac. I do not guarantee that these players will adapt well in your squad. I see you have changed lots of players there. Thes are players that I used with this tactic in Italy and they did a great job. Decision is your my friend. (6)

or get one of the old juve lads, should have a top season more in them and mak for the best tutors for youngsters i've found a role they can keep for at least 2-3 seasons more, start of 3'rd season should give you regens that are to your liking

p.s

sebastiansas
vry nice tac and nice to see the QQ'ers have left your thread. but plz crash and burn so juve can win the tittle XD

btw how are they doing in your save, have they been able to renew that ancient squad of theirs proprly or have th old lady lain down to die+

Yeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyy !!!! I am ecstatic :D:D:D:D My greatest win ever ever (6)(6)(6) The Devil never sleeps. San Siro is the oponent's graveyard :wub: Look what result i just got.

I'm about to give it a crack with my new Newcastle game as the squad is pretty good for the Championship and I was just wondering what type of striker do you need? I've really only got tall guys (Carroll, Ranger and bought Kevin Kyle 'cause he's a nice bloke!) Do you think it will work?

What type of striker needed for this tactic? Are they suppose to be tall players?or pacy?
And what attribute should the wingers excel at? are they suppose to be very good at crossing?

@gecko81 and fadhli_azman You need fast strikers that are also good headers and passers. Dribling and pace are required too. These are the main atributes for the strikers of this tactic. Give it a try, I think it will worth it, cause even if you fail with your striker, most of the goals are scored by your AMC's and wingers. The striker scores when you catch your opponent on counter-attack or when wingers offer cross-balls. In other words, he will get scoring chances when it's 80% sure he will score. Good luck to you two.

When I played Newcastle, I used Yannick Djalo as my Deep Lying Forward and Carroll as a poacher in my first Premiership season. After that I purchased Welliton, which is great for both positions.

I had Yannick Djalo too, when I was playing CFR Cluj, my hometown team. He was absolutly great in Romanian First League. It's not much, but it's low cost and the results are above his stats. Good player.

who is supposed to be the target man:S ? its coming up as the attacking mid?

who is supposed to be the target man:S ? its coming up as the attacking mid?

Maybe then the attacking mid is supposed to be the target man, in that way he will get a lot of passes, for example, when i was playing barca I used messi as targetman with passes to feet, worked really well.

i don't know what's wrong with your tactic,
but i win against milan 3-0,
against sampdoria 2-0
against inter 0-0
against ajax 1-1
and most of my game, the result is draw
can you give me any suggestion

my formation:
buffon
salihamidzic/grygera-legro/bochetti-chielini/cannavaro-grosso/de ceglie
marchisio/melo
sanchez/pepe/camoranesi-buonanotte/candavera-diego/giovinco-di maria/candavera
del piero/g. rossi/amauri/iaquinta/trezeguet

Hi mate

This season (3rd) I wanna try your tactic but there are some questions that i wanna ask you first.

I attached my whole squad and my regens. I have transfer budget of 70m£ but i dont wanna use too much because i'm saving it for potential new stadium.

1) Your tactics Wingers are AMR=Inside Forward AML=Winger but i wanna use AML=Inside Forward AMR=Wİnger. So if i just switch the instructions for them it would be ok right?

2) For MC position i wanna use M. Sissoko but i'm not sure he is right for Central Attack. I use Verratti as AMC A.Playmaker so i was thinking setting M.Sissoko as Box to Box or Ball Winning

from what ive seen in the previous posts, unfortunately this tactic looks like it highly rests on brilliant players(your team is just ridiculously strong for any tactic to fail), rather than the tactical side. dont get worked up im not criticizing or anything, ill try this on middlesbrough to see what happens.

Good tactic

Thanks for this mate. Just tried this on a Liverpool save in the first season, and secured me a 3-0 win over Arsenal away :)

Anyways, thanks and keep up the good work.

Nice tactic mate, what are your team instructions. I'm in 2021 and doing very well on my current save and don't want to change my formation or player settings but am looking to tweak my team instructions.