Matticus88

Reaction score
Blackburn Rovers FC Revival Challenge

Blackburn Rovers Football Club is an English professional football club based in the town of Blackburn, Lancashire. The team competes in the nPower Football Championship from the 2012-13 season. They were relegated from the Barclays Premier League, the top tier of English football, at the end of the 2011–12 season.

Honours

Old first division
Winners, 1911–12, 1913–14

Barclays Premier League
Winners, 1994–95

FA Cup
Winners, 1884, 1885, 1886, 1890, 1891, 1928

The Ground
Ewood Park

Capacity

Main Rivals
Burnley
Manchester United
Preston North End

The Challenge

Can you return Blackburn Rovers FC to their 1995 glory of english football champions?
Can you do better and add some extra trophies to the cabinet?
How quickly can you do it?

Leaderboard
OVERALL

(Lowest number of seasons to win the Barclays Premier League)
(if draws, see most club trophies)

(Most club trophies collected at end of BPL winning season)
(including previous seasons)
(if draws, see highest bank balance)

(Highest Bank balance at end of BPL winning season)

Extra Challenges
Beat Henning Berg's 10 Match record (Pl:10 W:1 D:3 L:6, 6pts) + (Goals for: 10 Goals against: 18)
(^First 10 matches only^)
No transfers! win with current players and youths from club
Biggest win (Blackburn :11–0 v Rossendale United (1884))
Undefeated in first 10 games

How to Enter
Screenshots as applicible (i.e. if you enter the Biggest win extra challenge)

1 of league table at end of BPL winning season with date visible
1 of each trophy winning final match result
1 of finances page at end of BPL winning season
1 of first results page showing first 10 league matches
1 of each years transfers summary for club
1 of biggest win record

I will keep the leaderboard up to date.

Overal leaderboard will be ordered first by position in lowest number of seasons leaderboard, position is your points x2, then by club trophies board, position is your points x1, then by bank balance board, position is your points 1/2. Extra challenges are worth -1 point each.

So if you come 2nd in lowest seasons(4 pts), 3rd in trophies(3 pts) and 4th in bank balance(2 pts), and did 2 extra challenges (-2pts) you would have 7 points.

The players with the lowest points will rank highest on the Overall leaderboard.

Good luck! and thank god for the autosave feature on here, wrote all that ^ then my internet died when i pressed post!

Last edited:
Update from my own attempt.... Sacked at the end of the season for not getting promoted. The board also had to take out several loans to keep the club afloat. I really need to learn how to play better lol.

I started with mine abit ago i was doing all finances to keep it afloat and get more money for next season sell some of the players on the most and then get better players cheaper! I got promoted and got 4 million next season all about balancing your own finances you need to check them out as soon as you start a save

I really need to learn how to play this game better. i'm not very good tactically or at finding decent players to sign.. and thats the game in a nutshell really. after i got sacked, i went to barnet, promotion favorites, half way in the season they were in 19th so i resigned. then quit that save.

I'm going to give Blackburn another attempt soon, hopefully after i've learnt a bit more, and discovered some players that'll help.

just about to start this challenge now hopefully will have some progress with it in the next few days!! unless i last 10 games that is , i am allowed to sign players right? as it states extra challenges dont but im thinking of selling olsson and investing in the side with young players

no transfers would be impossible!! won the playoffs in first season signed barry bannan and lumb on a free agent!! looking forward to this challenge

I'm not playing as Blackburn but they have done in on there own in 2 seasons!! current manager is a guy called Kenny jackett

Started to give this a go and was doing fab.. coming up to xmas I was top of the table.. with a good cup run my highlight beating City 3-2!! But low and behold my ****** saved corrupted!!! And I cant be arsed to try all over again... well I might in the future!