adamm8

Reaction score
View attachment 282683

STEVE CLARKE SENT PACKING!

View attachment 282682

West Bromwich Albion manager Steve Clarke has been sacked from his position by Chairman Jeremy Peace after a falling out over Clarke wanting a new contract and asking for excessive wages. This resulting in Jeremy Peace sacking Clarke as he believes he will be able to and he quotes "I hope to bring in a new, young manager who is in it for the game, and not for the money."

West Brom Begin Manager Search!

It is reported that due to West Brom Chairman Jeremy Peace's statement about wanting to appoint a young manager, it has resulted in an influx of applications, and it is rumoured that Current Wigan manager Roberto Martinez is the front runner for the job.

Last edited:
Moore Appointed Manager Of West Bromwich Albion!

It has now been shown that Jeremy Peace was truthful about appointing a new, young manager, as Adam Moore, a relatively unknown 25 year old, former Sunday league footballer, becomes the youngest person to ever manage in the Premier League, as he embarks on his managerial career. During his very first interview with the press he states that "The Premier League is my main focus this season, whilst also hopefully trying to push higher into the top of the league, and potentially even a European spot."

"Also, I am very grateful to the WBA Chairman Jeremy Peace, as not many clubs would hire a manager with near to none managerial experience, but I promise I will pay him back and I will try to rewrite this clubs history!"

It is reported that Moore will be diving into the transfer market as soon as possible so he can build his squad up as he stated "I hope to build and finish my squad as soon as possible as this will allow me to see where we need to improve, whilst also allowing my players to get to know each other better."

Moore now has around a week to get his bearings with the club, staff and players before they jet off to Germany for their pre-season training camp with his chosen squad:

View attachment 282800

Last edited:
Oh god terrible story!

Joking, Good read so far even if it is about the scum from down the road ;)

KUTGW!

Oh god terrible story!

Joking, Good read so far even if it is about the scum from down the road ;)

KUTGW!

haha glad your enjoying it :p

oooo tbf they are better than wolves ;) i dont even support them as i am a leicester city fan :p

should be an update later tonight involving pre season and transfers :)

Taken a liking to WBA in real because of Clarke being in charge and Lukaku joining them on loan so will follow :) Lukaku should bang them in for you ;)

Taken a liking to WBA in real because of Clarke being in charge and Lukaku joining them on loan so will follow :) Lukaku should bang them in for you ;)

yeah the reason I liked the idea of managing them was because of how well they are doing in real life and because of them having lukaku the tank! :p

After my first day in charge came to a close, sat at home I decided it would be a good idea for me to do some background research, so that I would know more about the club I hope to lead to glory and also learn about what history I have to live up to!

West Bromwich Albion F.C.

attachment.php

West Bromwich Albion F.C. are an English Professional football club based in the West Midlands. The club was formed in 1878 and have played at their home ground since 1900. They were one of the founding members of The Football League in 1888 and have spent the majority of their existence in the top tier of English football.

President:
John Silk
Chairman:
Jeremy Peace
Chief Executive:
Mark Jenkins
Directors:
Dan Ashworth, Adrian Wright, Richard Garlick

Ground:
The Hawthorns

Capacity: 26,000

View attachment 282762

Home Kit | Away Kit

View attachment 282763View attachment 282764
History

Honours:

FA Cup Winners:
1888, 1892, 1931, 1954, 1968

FA Cup Runners Up:
1886, 1887, 1895, 1912, 1935

League Cup Winners:

League Cup Runners Up:
1967, 1970

League Division One Champions:
1920, 2008

League Division One Runners-up:
1925, 1954, 2002, 2004

League Division Two Champions:
1902, 1911

League Division Two Runners-up:
1931, 1949

League Division Three Play-off winners:

Records:

Record Attendance:
64,815 v Arsenal (FA Cup 6th round, 6 March 1937)

Record Win:
12-0 v Darwen, 1892

Record Loss:
3-10 v Stoke City, 1937

Record Transfers in:
£4,700,000 for Borja Valero from Real Mallorca (2008)
£3,625,000 for Robert Earnshaw from Cardiff City (2004)
£2,700,000 for Martin Albrechtsen from FC Copenhagen (2004)
£2,500,000 for Lee Hughes from Coventry City (2002)
£2,250,000 for Jason Koumas from Tranmere Rovers (2002)
£2,000,000 for Sean Gregan from Preston NE (2002)
£2,000,000 for Jason Roberts from Bristol Rovers (2000)
£1,250,000 for Kevin Kilbane from Preston NE (1997)
£748,000 for Peter Barnes from Manchester City (1979)

Record Transfers out:
£10,000,000 for Curtis Davies to Aston Villa (2008)
£6,000,000 for Diomansy Kamara to Fulham (2007)
£5,000,001 for Lee Hughes to Coventry City (2001)
£4,500,000 for Enzo Maresca to Juventus (2000)​

I never new Borja Valero played for them!!! Nice start mate

Beginning of Pre-Season

As I looked over the squad report, I decided that my I was going to need to sign 2 new full backs as my current ones are just not up to standard, whilst also needing to sign a new left midfielder as both my current ones are going to be out for around 2 months. Also after seeing a large amount of players are only a few years off reaching their 30's, I will be wanting to bring in some young, talented players who will be able to take their places when the aging players skills begin to decline.

View attachment 282802View attachment 282803

View attachment 282805

Also after looking over my fixtures, I came to the conclusion that I should really be winning all of these games as I do possess a strong side, capable of doing so.​

Last edited:
End of Pre-Season

View attachment 282820

Well, I am able to easily say that pre-season really did not go as planned, we dominated in every match but we were just unable to put our clear cut chances away, it probably didn't help that my early signings only got to play in 2 matches due to not being on the trip to Germany. But, if the team doesn't shape up for e season ahead, then they can expect to be in for a serious kick up the ***.

Transfers & August

August

View attachment 282834

Liverpool 0 - 0 West Brom
Premier League

MOTM: Jonas Olsson (West Brom)

Slightly disappointed with the result as we were dominating them throughout the entire match, still need to learn to put our chances away!

West Brom 0 - 0 Tottenham
Premier League

MOTM: Ben Foster (West Brom)

Ben Foster really did deserve to be MOTM, we only had 4 shots where as they had 22, he was on top form today and I can tell that for us to push up into the upper parts of the table, we are going to be needing him to keep up his form.

West Brom 3 (P) - 3 Charlton
Athletic
COC 2nd Round

Lukaku (2)
Hollands (26)
McClean (14)
Jonsson (pen 54)
Sviatchenko (42)
Wiggins (88)

MOTM: Erik Sviatchenko (West Brom)

Threw away a 3-1 lead to end up going to penalties, where after fighting it out, we finally won after Craig Alcock missed for Charlton and then James Morrison slotted home our 8th penalty for us to win 8-7 on penalties. Need to learn to not be complacent again, especially if we want silverware this season.

League Table

View attachment 282852

Transfers

View attachment 282838

View attachment 282839 View attachment 282840 View attachment 282841

View attachment 282842 View attachment 282843

Pleased with the signings I have made and I believe they will have to me to challenge for a higher league position. Although I do think that my Director of Football slightly overpaid for Solly and Taylor, but I believe that it will be worth it. Also pleased with how cheaply I managed to get Mclean, Milosevic and Sviatchenko as I believe they will be first team players from the start and will be for years to come.

Big Transfers

Marek Hamsik - Man utd
£25.5 Million

Glen Johnson - Tottenham
£18.5 Million

Kyle Walker - Man City
£15 Million

Squad & Tactics

View attachment 282848 View attachment 282849

View attachment 282850 View attachment 282851

Last edited:
September

View attachment 282922

Newcastle 0 - 0 West Brom
Premier League

MOTM: Ben Foster (West Brom)

Ben Foster deserving his MOTM yet again as he denied Newcastle a few clear cut chances, but overall was a pretty even game and a fair result which I shall take.

Man City 1 - 0 West Brom​

Premier League

Carlos Tevez (53) -

Yet another even game but unfortunately we were yet again unable to take our chances where as Man City were able to. Able to defend well but if only we were able to take our chances were could have won this.

West Brom 2 - 0 Chelsea
Premier League

John Terry og (2)-
Jonas Olsson (67)-

Absolutely great result! Even though they dominated us throughout the entire game, but the counter strategy worked brilliantly as both goals were a result of a counter attack. Just need to focus on retaining the ball a bit more. Jonas Olsson deserving MOTM as he kept back the persistent Chelsea attackers and also scored a goal to seal the game for us.

Burnley 0 - 3 West Brom​

COC Round 3

-Jonas Olsson (11)
-Shane Long (49)
-Chris Brunt (72)

MOTM: Chris Brunt (West Brom)

Another great result as I did field a weakened side. Dominated them throughout the entire match as they only had 4 shots throughout the entire game, where as we had 17. Jonas Olsson showing yet again why he is one of our most important players as he bossed the defence and got us off to a start.

West Brom 0 - 1 Norwich
Premier League

-Grant Holt (47)

A pretty even game overall which we should have won, but yet again we couldn't take our chances, and unluckily for us, Grant Holt was able to take his only chance of the game to win it for Norwich. Other than the goal, yet again Jonas Olsson bossed the defence yet again and its showing that he will be important if we want to push up the table.

League Table

View attachment 282926

Overall not a bad but not a good month either, couple of pleasing and a couple of disappointing results, overall i can tell that the thing we need to focus on the most is finishing, otherwise we are going to struggle to get into the upper parts of the table.

Best Player of September

View attachment 282927

Clearly has to be Jonas Olsson with 3 MOTM's and 2 goals, hoping he continues this form for a long time to come as he will be one of our most important players this season.

Stoke City 3 - 1 West Brom
Premier League

Peter Crouch (73, 90+2)Brunt (43)
Jamie Mackie (89)-

MOTM: Peter Crouch (Stoke City)

Very disappointed in my players after this game, for the first 70 minutes, we were in total control of the game and looked like we were going to take the win, but in the last 20 minutes, the entire team just fell apart and let Stoke run rampant and take the win. Safe to say I the team meeting we had after the game was not a nice one.

West Brom 4 - 0 Reading​
Premier League

James Morrison (39, 54)-
Erik Sviatchenko (78)-
Markus Rosenborg (89)-

Well it seems that the team meeting we had obviously stuck in the players minds as we went out straight from kick off and absolutely dominated Reading. For once my team was actually able to finish their chances and as always, Jonas Olsson was busy bossing the defence and making it a nightmare for the Reading on the attack. Hopefully we start to play like this against other teams as well.

West Ham 3 - 4 West Brom
Premier League

Modibo Maiga (55, 72)Shane Long (8, 37)
Yossi Benayoun (60)James Morrison (63)
-Jonas Olsson (89)

MOTM: Graham Dorrans (West Brom)

This was a game which in all fairness looking at the stats, we did not deserve to win. West Ham dominated us throughout the entire game, but obviously, being a recently promoted team, must not be used to Premier League standard attacks as our team took our chances excellently, and when it looked like it was going to be a draw, our best player by far this season Jonas Olsson popped up to give us the win!

West Brom 1 - 3 Chelsea​
COC Round 4

Shane Long (18) Eden Hazard (71)
Jonas Olsson Sent off (40) Fernando Torres (94)
- John Obi Mikel (113)

MOTM: Eden Hazard (Chelsea)

Throughout the first half we were on top, and it looked like Shane Long was going to have taken us into half time 1-0 in the lead and in a healthy position to go on and win the game, but on the 40th minute, our best player so far this season goes in horribly on Torres and gets sent off. As I expected, during the second half, Chelsea came out all guns blazing and even though we conceded a goal, I was pleased with the remaining 10 men for managing to shut Chelsea out and manage to take us into extra time. But obviously, with 10 men extra time was always going to be hard but Chelsea just dominated us and we lost. In some aspects I was pleased with the squad for how they performed.

League Table

View attachment 282951

Other than the first game, I am pleased with how the squad performed and also it shows they are now starting to play well together as we have managed to climb up to 7th in the table. I believe that if my squad continues to play as well as they are now, we will easily be able to achieve a European spot.

Best Player of October

View attachment 282952

No one played well in the loss to Stoke and he may have received a red card, but overall, Jonas Olsson still played brilliantly this month, and as you can see from the picture showing the league table, he is currently the best performing player in the league at the moment. I just hope he can continue his form and not receive any more red cards.

Last edited:
Cheers! Should have the November update out in around half an hour :)

November

View attachment 282963

West Brom 2 - 0 Aston Villa
Premier League

Youssuf Mulumbu (43)-
Markus Rosenberg (76)-

MOTM: Neil Taylor (West Brom)

So happy with this result for 2 reasons! Number 1 is that we managed to get a comfortable win over our rivals! And number 2 is that my squad is finally looking like they are able to play well together!

Everton 2 - 2 West Brom
Premier League

Nikica Jelavic (39) Shane Long (55)
Bryan Oviedo (86)Markus Rosenberg (90+1)

MOTM: Shane Long (West Brom)

Another result I am pleased with as Everton are currently one of the in form teams at the moment, so I am pleased we were able to match them and also glad we were able to steal a goal at the end for the draw as looking at the stats we really did deserve it.

West Brom 1 - 1 Arsenal
Premier League

Graham Dorrans (45+1) Santi Cazorla (81)

MOTM: Graham Dorrans (West Brom)

Yet another pleasing performance from the team, although I believe we could have won this, but the team were quite tired towards the end and that is probably the reason why Arsenal managed to score. Still, this match shows we are able to compete with one of the top teams in the league.

Sunderland 0 - 3 West Brom
Premier League

-Jonas Olsson (10)
-Chris Brunt (47)
-John O'Shea Own Goal (65)

This month continues to get better as we completely dominated Sunderland and my team are now showing that they are able to finish! Jonas Olsson also putting in another great shift on his return from his suspension.

West Brom 4 - 2 QPR
Premier League

Shane Long (pen 21) Armand Traore (32)
Claudio Yacob (pen 71)Djibril Cisse (34)
James Morrison (85)-
Alexander Milosevic (90+3)-

MOTM: Alexander Milosevic (West Brom)

Yet another good performance from the team. Even though it was all level with 10 minutes to go, they showed great determination to go out and win and did so by getting 2 late goals. Team is really starting to play well together now and I hope this run of 7 games unbeaten can continue for a bit longer as we move into 4th place at the end of the month.

League Table

View attachment 282961

By far our best month so far as we move up into the European places. Even though it is still early on, I believe we have the capabiity to keep going from here and manage to be in around this position come the end of the next month as well. Also the squad is now starting to play really well now as the defenders are managing to keep the opposition out, whilst the attackers are doing their job and scoring us 12 goals in 5 games.

Best Player of November

View attachment 282962

I believe that Alexander Milosevic was our best player in November as he put in great performances in the games he played in, and he is beginning to show that, even at the young age of 20, he does have the capability to be a starting player.

Other News

Chelsea sack Di Matteo and hire Zenit manager Luciano Spalletti

Liverpool sack Brendan Rodgers and hire FC Twente manager Co Adriaanse

Wigan 0 - 1 West Brom
Premier League

-Shane Long (84)

MOTM: Gary Caldwell (Wigan)

Was a game we would really should have won by more, Gary Caldwell having a great game and keeping my attackers, so he probably did deserve the MOTM.

West Brom 0 - 1 Swansea City
Premier League

-Erik Mjelde (45+2)

MOTM: Ashley Williams (Swansea City)

Yet again, we don't win a game because my team cant finish. Countless chances to score and they were either cut out by the goalkeeper or by Ashley Williams who had a great game and was causing every attacker problems. Need to learn how to finish again.

West Brom 0 - 0 Southampton

Premier League

--

MOTM: Jos Hooiveld

Another game we should have won, but couldn't because the oppositions defence had a great game. Really need to improve my teams ability to break down the other teams defence, otherwise we have no chance of possibly getting a European spot.

Fulham 0 - 2 West Brom
Premier League

-Shane Long (43, 90+3)

MOTM: Shane Long (West Brom)​

Finally a game where my team was able to finish their chances, and also be able to get past the oppositions defenders. A good evenly tested game though, but the counter attacks worked perfectly as Shane Long was able to use his pace to get past the much slower Fulham defence.

Tottenham Hotspur 2 - 1 West Brom​

Premier League

Tom Huddlestone (33)Graham Dorrans (58)
Emmanuel Adebayor (38)-

MOTM: Chris Brunt (West Brom)​

This was a match which we deserved to lose by more, Tottenham absolutely dominated us throughout the entire game and should have scored plenty more goals as they had 24 shots with 17 on target. But the defence managed to hold strong apart from the 5 minute lapse where we conceded 2 goals. Also the counter attacks proving to work well with Graham Dorrans counter attacking and scoring after a Spurs corner.​

League Table

View attachment 283228

A relatively poor month as we lost the game against Swansea and drew the game against Southampton, both of which we should have won.

Best Player of December

View attachment 283236

5 more great performances from Jonas Olsson, showing yet again why he is probably the best player in our squad as he has been able to time and again, win us points by himself this season.