avfctom

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am currently playing a save with Burton Albion, so a bit of background: first season I won league 2, second season I won the League 1 playoffs, 3rd season finished 19th in Championship, and 4th season I won the playoffs to the Premier League! Now despite the finances being healthy for the whole journey (they now sit at a massive 38m), the board have only gave me a wage budget of 115k per week (we are already spending 107k). Now, with an already relatively small squad (relied a lot on loans from parent club Chelsea so far) I am stuck. Ive snapped up the best free agents I can, but nobody, and I mean nobody will come on loan.
I genuinely have no idea what to do in this situation. I have a squad of 19 players at the moment, but its nowhere near Premier League standard!
There is no option to go to the board and ask for more funds, as I think they are wary as at the moment we are upgrading the youth facilities and the stadium!
Anybody got ANY ideas?

Thanks in advance.

What's your transfer budget?

EDIT: I am assuming zero? The only thing you can do is request more money and hope they invest. Really quite surprising you've not been given any money to invest but if you offered them an ultimatum they might be forced to give in to your demands. Save the game, demand the money, threaten to leave and if they sack you just reload the game. I know it could be seen as "cheating" but the AI boards in FM15 can be a little hasty to deal out a sacking when really they should be throwing money at a manager who has achieved so much.

Last edited:
sounds like you have had a few great seasons, you may be forced to try and scrape survival; or hope that you are so untouchable that even getting relegated will see you still in a job with a healthier bank balance

what tactics have you had success with in the lower leagues? i am playing as hyde and finding most that i create rather hit and miss

Thanks a lot for the responses guys... I decided to wait it out, organised a trial day and found a few players, then eventually I had the option to ask the board to increase the wage budget, which the duly did by an extra 150k! So from that ive been able to snap up a few decent players, and actually stand a chance of survival now!

what tactics have you had success with in the lower leagues? i am playing as hyde and finding most that i create rather hit and miss

Erm, i played a 4-2-3-1, with a DLP and a CM sitting behind 2 wingers and a Trequartista. Relied alot on my striker (Liam McAlinden) to finish off he chances which he duly did with 43 in 46 in my first season. Like i said in OP, my parent club Chelsea helped me out so much so id really recommend the loanees. Remember about the poorer pitches in lower leagues so try and avoid very fluid football!

yeah the avoiding of overly passing football is something i do in the lower leagues, however the more direct style hasnt worked and currently doing well using a fluid passing 4 3 2 1 wide formation.

Glad to hear to board saw sense.