Buying a player who's been "found out"?

kelloggs

Reaction score
I'm just wondering...

I usually buy wonderkids or players I feel will turn out to be good right at the start of the season. In this example I was after French centerback Darnel Situ... Arsenal bought him before me so I offered an excess of 7 million for him just to see if they'd budge atall. They didn't.

Next season will they be interested in selling him? Will he even want to enter talks with my club? Also another question if players constantly play in my under 18s and reserves will that develop them as much as a loan?

it depends on..Loan will be better if he is used as a first team player in that club..he will gain experienced more than reserves games..if he happen to be unhappy at the club maybe u could snap him up at january transfer windows too..

You have no chance of signing someone just after they joined a new club to be honest. Even if you offered 40 million and Arsenal accepted he wouldnt want to join. Give it a year and then make an offer, might have more luck then.

Okay so it's impossible to buy players who've just been bought in the same window? I'll loan him out then I guess. Stupid question but when loaning do you need the 'can play in cup matches' clause checked or unchecked if you want them to play in your cup matches?

Usually it's extremely hard to obtain a good prospect snatched by a big club. They might sell him when his older, but at that time he probably won't be worth it.
Keep on scouting would be the best thing to do.

Also, I like to keep my good prospects in Milan. I believe they benefit more from the good facilities and proper training than they would be from first team (if they even play in first team).
On the other hand players I do prefer to loan out the lesser players, as they either don't get to play anyway or get played by the manager instead of the good prospects.

Okay so it's impossible to buy players who've just been bought in the same window? I'll loan him out then I guess. Stupid question but when loaning do you need the 'can play in cup matches' clause checked or unchecked if you want them to play in your cup matches?

Well.. it depends because if they play in cup matches at another club they will get more games, therefore gaining more experience but they can't play in cup matches for you when they return from loan. So if your going to loan them out for a full season you may aswell let them play in cup matches.

Also make sure the team you are loaning the player too have above average training facilities (I usually make sure they are atleast good if they can possibly be a top prospect). Also add "can be recalled" and keep an eye on them because sometimes they stop getting played and then rot away. So in that case you can just recall them.

Well as West Brom my main prospects are Chris Wood, Joe Mattock, George Thorne and James Hurst. Don't actually know if these become any good but I've loaned them all out and recieved 1.2 million in loan fees for doing so.

My youth facilities are good though and all these players would play in my cup team. Is loaning the best option or should I have kept them in my reserves?

Bought Cristian Portilla and Edgar Ivan Pacheco too and I'm hoping they both develop into good players, keeping them two in my reserves.

I might start again and get Situ then at the start of the window as I really liked him on my previous save file which corrupted. Shame as I'm doing well on this one but oh well.

Well as West Brom my main prospects are Chris Wood, Joe Mattock, George Thorne and James Hurst. Don't actually know if these become any good but I've loaned them all out and recieved 1.2 million in loan fees for doing so.

My youth facilities are good though and all these players would play in my cup team. Is loaning the best option or should I have kept them in my reserves?

Probably would of kept Wood and Mattock as backup to be honest but I'm not 100% sure on how good they are compared to your current players.. If they are young and getting up to 10 first team games a year at your club, I think they would develop better than being on loan at a Championship side.

Well.. it depends because if they play in cup matches at another club they will get more games, therefore gaining more experience but they can't play in cup matches for you when they return from loan. So if your going to loan them out for a full season you may aswell let them play in cup matches.

Also make sure the team you are loaning the player too have above average training facilities (I usually make sure they are atleast good if they can possibly be a top prospect). Also add "can be recalled" and keep an eye on them because sometimes they stop getting played and then rot away. So in that case you can just recall them.

oh right, I thought not letting them play in cup matches might've meant you could play them in ypur cul matches which suits me as I like having two distinguished sides for the league and cup... If you can't do that though then the decision becomes obvious.

Last edited:
oh right, I thought not letting them play in cup matches might've meanr you could

They would be cup tied when they come back mate, if they played in any of course...

Probably would of kept Wood and Mattock as backup to be honest but I'm not 100% sure on how good they are compared to your current players.. If they are young and getting up to 10 first team games a year at your club, I think they would develop better than being on loan at a Championship side.

I have three strikers who are all equal to him or better. Odemwingie, C Benitez and I Miller with Denneboom as a utility player so I'm not really in need of strikers and couldn't see him playing other than an impact sub or in cup games.

As for LB I have two older ones. Might restart my season and lay one off though and keep Mattock as backup.

Cheers for all suggestions guys, mucho appreciated.

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

They would be cup tied when they come back mate, if they played in any of course...

My phone messed up and sent that message halfway, sorry. So basically there's no way of recalling your player for cup matches? I'll just let them play in cups when they go on loan then.

My phone messed up and sent that message halfway, sorry. So basically there's no way of recalling your player for cup matches? I'll just let them play in cups when they go on loan then.

I have no idea what your going on about to be honest mate.

If you loan a player to another club, if you select "Can play in cup matches" that means for the team you have loaned him to. If you don't then he wont' play in the FA Cup an Carling Cup for them because he won't be available. That means after his loans finishes and he comes back to your club, if your still in the Carling cup or FA Cup he can play for you in that cup.

Did you think selecting "Can play in cup matches" meant he will come back to your squad to play in cup matches and then return to the club you've loaned him to? lol

Last edited:
I have no idea what your going on about to be honest mate.

If you loan a player to another club, if you select "Can play in cup matches" that means for the team you have loaned him to. If you don't then he wont' play in the FA Cup an Carling Cup for them because he won't be available. That means after his loans finishes and he comes back to your club, if your still in the Carling cup or FA Cup he can play for you in that cup.

Did you think selecting "Can play in cup matches" meant he will come back to your squad to play in cup matches and then return to the club you've loaned him to? lol

Yeah that's what I thought for some odd reason oO) I thought when you ticked "Can play in cup matches" they could play in your cup matches. Sounded reasonable as it's a game :(