callamity

Reaction score
The New Style

The new style is my Best tactic so far on fm15. It is a 451 with this shape:

View attachment 331480

It plays like a 4231 when attacking, however the flat 3 across the midfield makes it much more solid and difficult to break down when defending.

The style of play is high pressure, possession based football without being too obsessed by keeping the ball.

View attachment 331479

The player roles and duties are chosen to give balance to the side, movement between the lines, lots of passing options. The main creative influences are the advanced playmaker and the Trequartista, with goals coming from the 3 advances players.

The overlap on the left is covered by the CM on defend duty on the left side. on the right hand side we play a bit more direct with the roaming playmaker providing the link.

results from a few games of my current save
View attachment 331478View attachment 331477View attachment 331476View attachment 331475

training I use is Balanced average, Defensive positioning 30%

I do not use OI's at all with this tactic.

callamity'sbest2014 reboot

After last seasons success I have started to work on getting my tactic sorted for this years edition. This is the first version of the tactic and much work is to be done, I am about to go to work for the weekend so the thread is short and sweet but I will fix this over the next couple days

The tactic

tactic is a 4141 based on last years formation. all positions etc remain the same. I was confident this tactic would work as it was not created to beat the engine but based on footballing idea's.

View attachment 333255

Results so far:

View attachment 333257 View attachment 333256

As you can see I am sitting second with Newcastles base squad. I signed one player an ageing CB as back up for 1 season. I am sitting in 3rd at the minute but results are improving. I will fully test this over the next few days too with different teams etc.

Training: balanced average/defensive positioning 30%

I will add alot more detail later for now basic information can be found in last years thread http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/share-download-fm-14-tactics/165149-final-cut.html

thanks guys

Last edited:
Always have to try Callamity's tactics, never fail to impress me :)

Did the FM14 version of this tactic work well with lower league teams? Thinkinh about starting with a team in the lowest possible spanish league atm.

Did the FM14 version of this tactic work well with lower league teams? Thinkinh about starting with a team in the lowest possible spanish league atm.

It did yeah. I brought Karsluhre up and won the champions league with them, they are a german team. I know a few people who brought league 2 sides up getting promoted each year, but this is over acheiveing.

Will give a round with this. Callamity 14 was the best tactic for me till they screwed up everything after the update

It did yeah. I brought Karsluhre up and won the champions league with them, they are a german team. I know a few people who brought league 2 sides up getting promoted each year, but this is over acheiveing.
Thanks. Just what I needed to hear. Although I have already started a save with Cadíz from Segunda División B in Spain and the tactic seems to works very well atm :)
View attachment 333173

click on the link inside the Attached files box at the bottom of the opening thread, save it too
Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2015\tactics

Thanks for the tactic, I'm doing great after a few matches. But I have a question, how important is "low crosses" in the tactic? I've had great experiences with "whipped crosses" on my testing tactics, and I'm wondering if that will work on this too? Or should I just stick with the low-ones?

Thanks for the tactic, I'm doing great after a few matches. But I have a question, how important is "low crosses" in the tactic? I've had great experiences with "whipped crosses" on my testing tactics, and I'm wondering if that will work on this too? Or should I just stick with the low-ones?

thats something I'm going to be looking at mate. What the actual differences are and how they impact the tactic will probably depend on your striker or runners size and pace.

Thought I would post a little update after playing some more games. The tactic seems to work extremely well for my team with a solid defense and beautiful attacking plays, and the tactic isn't even fluid yet. I love how the goals come from both attackers, midfielders and defenders. It seems to have a really nice flow in the attacking stage. The only loss I had in the league was to Lucena, and they are 2nd in the league atm, and it was only because a bug in the game where my defender stopped running towards the ball which was slowly on it's way towards my goal. Then the attacker could easily pick it up and score, but I'm pretty sure that bug has already been posted on the SI forums :)
View attachment 333167View attachment 333166View attachment 333165View attachment 333164View attachment 333163View attachment 333162View attachment 333161

Newcastle in 3rd?! This tactic must be amazing! :^)

Downloading now, will report back with results once I decide to start a save :)

Loved your tactic in FM14. As usual will give this one a shot.

I've currently started a game with Dortmund and I'm going to try out this tactic.