Rowan

Reaction score
Recently I tried to manage Manchester United as I thought there strike force was perfect to test one of my tactics, all was well, but I got 2-3 months in to it and, being a die-hard Liverpool fan, it just didn't feel right. Not sure why, I've had no problem managing Chelsea or Arsenal etc... But I just cant seem to manage UTD and I cant imagine managing Everton either, it's just seeing the badge at the top of the screen every couple of seconds makes me sick ;) haha Have any of you found enjoyment in managing one of your rivals? Just interested

Don't even want to consider manageing West Brom, and even tried to convince my mate not to and manage Wolves instead ;D

i'm a leeds fan and have never ever managed man utd since i started playing football manager/champ manager since 1997 lol
something just don't feel right about it as much as i would love to manage a team with that much talent,
just started a fc united save tho 8th in BSP gunna try and overtake the red devils (6)

There is definitely a thread on this.. I remember posting in it a while ago.. Can't find it though.

Love managing Everton, tbh.
Never managed United on any FM, never going to.

My bad if it's a duplicate thread, never seen it before...

I thought it was only me but obviously not, you're right, it just doesn't feel right!

I actually admit to managing Man Utd and Liverpool. Because I'm that sad and didn't want to take David Moyes job :$

I've never managed Man Utd and have no intention to. Not because I'm a Leeds fan, just have no desire to manage them :) (unless they offered me the job in a save, then I would consider it)

Have no problem managing any team. At the end of the day its just a game and it doesnt suddenly make you a supporter of that team because you are managing them.

I have never played as any of the top 6, or any of Man United's rivals.

It just has never interested me, it doesn't seem like a challenge personally.

There is definitely a thread on this.. I remember posting in it a while ago.. Can't find it though.

Love managing Everton, tbh.
Never managed United on any FM, never going to.

I made it in the summer for FM11 i suppose as this is for FM12 it should be ok? :)

Took over at Spurs during my 4th season. Sold all their best players for low prices and resigned a week later ;)

The thought of going near the Celtic job just pains me, I never have and never will even consider it just as I will never buy any of their players either. It's just wrong to try and be succesful at a club and a stadium you have built your footballing mind around being against.

Liverpool maybe, City no thanks. I would manage Leeds ( I don't consider them rivals anymore) and Blackburn.

I managed Exeter on FM11, but the thought of being at their ground on a cold Tuesday night in January, when its tipping down with rain and you're losing 3-0 against Tranmere in front of just 2000 fans and the only thing you can hear is the TV from the house across the road was enough to make me resign.

Managed Torquay on FM12, though they did offer me the job. Was pretty good fun, but took no pleasure from beating Argyle 3-0 at Home Park

Im going to have my say on this. I will have a better chance winning the lottery than me actually managing Millwall. I will never, ever, ever manage Millwall on a Football Manager game. I would be cheating on my self ;)

Geeeeesh :S Managing Porto or Sporting, it pains me!

Porto I would if they weren't corrupt.

Sporting I would if they hadn't set our stadium on fire. XD

I could never manage Southampton. I vaguely thought about it on FM11 to see what their players were like but it made me feel a bit ill just thinking about betraying my beloved Pompey :)

I love it how the Leeds fans still see all the top teams as their rivals though, yet they really don't even acknowledge Leeds at all.

"We may have lost to (random mediocre championship team) but at least Man United and Chelsea lost today :)"

Quit living in the past guys!

Have never and will never manage Sunderland. The virtual and real life versions of that "team" make me sick.