ianiffy

Reaction score
i am in the playoffs in the conference and i win almost every game at home but always lose away the tactic i use is 2.1 _ 4-4-2 Fast, Fluid, Beast it is really good i have used several other tactics that work but struggle away anyone got any tips please help many thanks

Look at why you're conceding goals away from home. The normal answer is usually that teams, when at home, are more likely to attack and push up the pitch. So if you're normal tactic is based around playing closer to the oppo goal, high pressing and ball retention, for example, you can be opened up more easily away, as the oppo are naturally more likely to see more of the ball and try and exploit the areas in behind as they will push a few more players forward

Look at why you're conceding goals away from home. The normal answer is usually that teams, when at home, are more likely to attack and push up the pitch. So if you're normal tactic is based around playing closer to the oppo goal, high pressing and ball retention, for example, you can be opened up more easily away, as the oppo are naturally more likely to see more of the ball and try and exploit the areas in behind as they will push a few more players forward.

When I play away I like to flood the midfield (generally 2 CM's and a DM) to stop the oppo creating so many chances, as they tend to in my experince play through the middle from their CM's. It also provides a good basis for ball recuperation and counter attacking through wingers and a good pacey striker especially