Celtic 9-0 Aberdeen

Some leagues seems to be a bit ridiculous with this game and PSV winning 10-0

I saw the PSV v Feyenoord result and thought I wish there were results like this in Scotland.
Wonder what I should wish for next.

Any win of this magnatude is excellent but not so much in the SPL. If it was none of the Big firm then it would be much more impressive. Spurs 9-1 win against Wigan and Chelsea's 8-0 and 3 7's in games last season are far more impressive than this.

Too many people on here just looking for a chance to trash Scotland or Scottish football.

Any win of this magnatude is excellent but not so much in the SPL. If it was none of the Big firm then it would be much more impressive. Spurs 9-1 win against Wigan and Chelsea's 8-0 and 3 7's in games last season are far more impressive than this.

It's the Old Firm, not Big Firm. And it would be a lot more impressive if Chelsea hadn't had a cash injection the size of an average bank bailout. It's the biggest win in the SPL ever, give it some credit.

It's the Old Firm, not Big Firm. And it would be a lot more impressive if Chelsea hadn't had a cash injection the size of an average bank bailout. It's the biggest win in the SPL ever, give it some credit.

I was ment to write big 2 but took my eye of the ball. I said it was excellent but as proven the SPL is run by 2 teams and that is it. It would have been more impressive if it was Aberdeen doing it to another SPL side.

I was ment to write big 2 but took my eye of the ball. I said it was excellent but as proven the SPL is run by 2 teams and that is it. It would have been more impressive if it was Aberdeen doing it to another SPL side.

Yes, we all know the SPL is run by the Old Firm, much the EPL is run by Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd, so Chelsea winning by fewer goals can't be considerably more impressive.

Gary Hooper played for scunthorpe and stokes couldnt get into to sunderland first team which shows that celtic would be a championship club, but rangers drew 0-0 with man u so maybe i am wrong

Gary Hooper played for scunthorpe and stokes couldnt get into to sunderland first team which shows that celtic would be a championship club, but rangers drew 0-0 with man u so maybe i am wrong
Hooper was class at Scunthorpe though to be fair.
Cant really say what Celtic would be. They'd probably still finish in the top 2 with the Walsall squad (or is that pushing it a bit far :p) that league is awful..

So what? Larsson used to play for Hogaborg when he started off, but he was a world class player anyway (after a few years). Just trying to say that it doesn't matter what team a player started off at, as he could still be quality.

hooper couldnt play in the prem and neither could stokes

Hooper's been pretty decent for Celtic, though I think everyone's aware of that fact that the SPL isn't as good as the EPL. Hooper scored against Rangers, which is something Man Utd failed to do. Rangers were extremely unlucky not to beat Valencia a few weeks ago, who have been doing extremely well in La Liga recently. Whether they could make it in the EPL is debatable, I reckon Hooper may be good enough.

Any thread about Scottish football allways ends up like this with comparasons to the EPL. You can make them all you want but nobodyis trying to say that the SPL is on a par. But dont try an turn a 9-0 victory into a negative just through spite.

Any thread about Scottish football allways ends up like this with comparasons to the EPL. You can make them all you want but nobodyis trying to say that the SPL is on a par. But dont try an turn a 9-0 victory into a negative just through spite.

Agreed. Get fed up with people comparing the two all the time. Anyway well done Celtic, but it would be nice if the SPL got a grant or something to give the other teams a chance to catch up with the old firm

Rangers and Celtic are better than they have been given credit for,
that's why rangers have done so well in the CL this season, because they were underestimated!