Cesar Azpilicueta - The Best Fullback?

AayushCFC

Reaction score
He's probably the most consistent and best fullback I've had on FM14, even on the initial patch when people complained about underperforming fullbacks, he was my player of the season.

In the recent 14.3 update, he is accomplished at left back and his left foot has also been upgraded, so you can probably fill left back with him as well. His stats are mostly same except maybe work rate is increased.

And Unless you take control over Chelsea, he'll most likely be sold after a season. Jose Mourinho does not like him, in game. Although I've seen him go from 14M to 29M so price may vary.

View attachment 408511

View attachment 408510

I do realize he's not the typical wonderkid :p But he usually is available for reasonable price so posted.

Yeah, he's been pretty good from FM13 actually;; I always used to get him in my 2nd season to United in 13;; His long throws meant buttload of assists, and he was excellent as a FB too;;

Btw, how does he compare to Rafael in the updated database?

His long throws are so annoying almost like corners ...

I loved him in FM 2013 when I was managing Chelsea. Amazing throws with the bullet pass from the sideline. But outside of the throws, I think he's just above average. There are some real monsters out there that do outclass him. For example David Alaba or Gino Peruzzi. But if you are playing as Chelsea, there's no real hurry to replace him. I would still get Shaw or Clyne for depth and to take over down the road though.

Not just throws, he has high work rate and team work, and defensive attributes. He is usually my POM in difficult away games (without assists) and sometimes making upto 12/15 tackles, winning above 90%. Always helps in midfield in FB attack role.

He is immense. However, everyone has their price and in the new update PSG come in with 30+M bids and I let him go in favor of Peruzzi purely for the financial gains.

He is immense. However, everyone has their price and in the new update PSG come in with 30+M bids and I let him go in favor of Peruzzi purely for the financial gains.
He's my personal fav and becomes VC for me so I don't sell him.

Yeah, he's been pretty good from FM13 actually;; I always used to get him in my 2nd season to United in 13;; His long throws meant buttload of assists, and he was excellent as a FB too;;

Btw, how does he compare to Rafael in the updated database?
Rafael is more attacking fullback than defensive, he is good but not as good as Azpi (Not big difference). His "dives into tackles" PPM means lots more cards, way more pacey than Azpi and loses out in aerial duels because of height. Mentally, Azpi's stats are better.

He's my personal fav and becomes VC for me so I don't sell him.

I was reluctant -and may try resign him at some point, but when you get 37M (enough to sign both Shaw and Peruzzi) at the time, it's hard to say no.

Azpi, Peruzzi, Alaba, Marcelo, Rafael, Alex Sandro, Lahm. Those are the best Fullbacks

If I'm put on the spot regarding the best fullback I'd say Gino Peruzzi.

he is very good for me too i play him on the left though

If I'm put on the spot regarding the best fullback I'd say Gino Peruzzi.
From potential ability and attributes, no doubt, but Azpi's performances have been committed. He rarely has a bad game, VERY consistent. I haven't been able to get this kind of ratings constantly from Peruzzi. Azpis ratings are usually in my top 3/4 even without the assists.

The performances vary from save to save I guess. Perhaps Azpi is a better fullback but in my saves Peruzzi rocks all the time. The only downside is his asking price which is rarely below 30m.

Yes, his PA must be -9/10 and random stats, the reason behind inconsistency from save to save. Azpi is a recognized player so his stats are static.