changes to premium membership

hamptonmanger

Reaction score
I was just looking at the become a premium member thread and was wondering has the subscription changed because when i first came on this website i thought you could donate what ever you wanted to become a premium member and that was it.

But now from what i gather it is a subscription so you will have to pay again after your week or months are up, i was just wondering why it has changed and is it due to costs of running the site?

p.s i am not moaning about it or any thing just curious

here is the original thread
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f66/fm-base-co-uk-premium-membership-t25843.html

I think it is because the site needs money to keep going, and maybe the other system wasn't covering all the expenses...

ye i was gonna go premium as well until i say the new prices :S

Ive nobody else to blame though as i should have done it earlier :mad:

ye i was gonna go premium as well until i say the new prices :S

Ive nobody else to blame though as i should have done it earlier :mad:

that is what i was just thinking, i know i will eventually forget about the subscription and will probably continue to pay for it until im 60

I know £8.99 for a year may seem expensive, but it works out at just under 2.5p per day.

Having the shorter term, cheaper options also allows users to have premium membership for a brief period so that they can download the files they want without having the waiting times.

It will be sad to see people lose their stars after a day or two though :p

Im glad I donated the old way. Premium member for life that way.

I know £8.99 for a year may seem expensive, but it works out at just under 2.5p per day.

Having the shorter term, cheaper options also allows users to have premium membership for a brief period so that they can download the files they want without having the waiting times.

£8.99 isnt expensive.

I pay more than that a week on train tickets :mad:

I don't see this as a big deal tbh, we have way more premiums that I ever expected we would get, many of them simply sign up for the unlimited downloads with no wait times, so offering them a cheaper short term alternative seems to make sense.

And £8.99 a year isn't the end of the world. I paid £10 when the minimum was £2. If only I knew then what I know now, that tenner clearly went straight into some form of Nando's fund.

Last edited: