Charlton Athletic back in the premier league!

charltonfan

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So in my first 2 seasons, I managed to get back to back promotions with Charlton (somehow!), without cheating ever or anything like that. We stayed up in the Premiership on the last day of the season with a measly 33 pts...

I am now in my second season in the Premiership (4th season overall). In short, my problem is we keep getting cained away from home by mid table/good teams. For instance, we had Stoke away in the League Cup, and lost 0-3. This is just one example of MANY. We then had Stoke away in the league and lost 1-4.

My team are good, we often take the lead then throw it away pretty much every time. Morale is normally decent. What do I say when 1-0 up at HT away from home? This happens a lot, I praise them then they run out 1-3 / 1-4 losers. My team (even if we win) get absolutely dominated in every game and are often short of ideas. Please post your help!

Thanks!

Like written above we will need screens etc. The most common thing though is that the defence is just too poor to cope with all the superstars in the EPL, along with your attackers not having enough flair to beat the worldclass defenders when - and this is the key part - when the match is in its lats 3rd and the players with hiogh determination, work rate and team work will make the difference - wining all those balls to make passes to their attackers. Here, its all about surviving and build for the future. But more about that after you have posted the relevant iformation. It might not be that your good team is that good :d

Last edited:
View attachment 219534Finally 2nd part of my squad.
As you can see the quality and flair is there...Gylfi Sigurdsson, Josh McEachran, Craig Gardner, Elmohamady etc. Also have some good premiership standard strikers there such as Anichebe and new signing Jutkiewicz. My defence is strong enough to compete so I do not understand why we concede late goals all the time. Recently we gave away 1-2 leads at the Reebok and Villa Park both in injury time. I admit my GK is weak. Some advice please on how to close out games!!

charltonfan

Well, its mostly because you are waaay too attacking, not even one defensive player in Midfield and the wingers pushed up. If i was à middle team , I would easily beat you 4 or 5 nill Every game :) I also would not say that the starting lineup is more than average. Have à look in my tactic thread ( at the top to see how I close out games.

Have à look at the team tactics and the shouts etc.

Ahh thanks I had a look - very helpful. That tactic screenshot you saw was my approach to an easy home game, away from home we are much deeper, and play defensively. Thanks