Chelsea FC: The " clever little so-and-so" returns.

cfc12345

Reaction score
View attachment 233767

Gianfranco Zola returns to Chelsea

Chelsea Football Club have appointed club legend Gianfranco Zola as the clubs new manager on a two year deal. This is only the 45 year old's second job in management previously being in charge of West Ham United from 2008 to 2010 where he was eventually let go by the board of the East London club. Once described as a " clever little so-and-so" by Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson the Italian had a memorable playing career at Stamford Bridge scoring 80 goals in 312 appearances for the club and he was also voted by the fans as Chelsea Football Clubs greatest ever player. The fans have many fond memorys of the Italian including many wonderful goals.

View attachment 233774
Zola's memorable backheel goal against Norwich in 2002.

Gianfranco: " I am delighted to be back at Chelsea Football Club. I had a brilliant time here as a player and I already have a fantastic relationship with the fans. I also already know a few of the players well such as Frank Lampard. I know that this will be a very tough job and I will have to bring success to the club if I am to stay here for a long time but I am confident I have the ability to do just that."

Gianfranco replaces fellow Italian Carlo Ancelotti whom he played under at Italian side Napoli. Carlo managed to win three trophies in his time at the West London club and lead the side to win their first ever domestic double. The fans will be hoping club legend Zola can do the same plus even more.

Duo leave Chelsea as Zola gets busy in transfer market

View attachment 233797

Midfield duo John Obi-Mikel and Florent Malouda have said goodbye the Chelsea and gone abroad to start life at new clubs. John Obi-Mikel has moved to Italy to join 2010 Champions League winners Inter Milan in a reported £15 million deal. John had a few discussions with new Chelsea boss Gianfranco Zola and both agreed it would be best for the player if he moved on as he would get limited game time at Chelsea.

Mikel: " I had a great five years at Chelsea and enjoyed playing for the club and winning trophies at my time in England but I and Gianfranco both believed it would be best for my career if I moved on and started a fresh challenge at a new club. I am very happy to have joined Inter as they are a huge club and I am confident I can win silverwear with them like I did in my time at Chelsea. I will miss london and my former team mates it was an honour to play for Chelsea but now I am at Inter and I will try my best to succeed."

Florent Malouda joined La Liga club Malaga in a £9 million deal as Gianfranco Zola revealed Florent was not in his plans and he is looking to bring in a new winger and it would be best for Florent to move on. Malaga are a club who not long back had been bought by mega rich owners who want the club to build a strong and successful team.

Manuel Pellegrini: " I am delighted to bring Florent to Malaga he is a talented player and definately has a couple of years left in him atleast. These are the types of signings I believe can make Malaga successful and he will not be the last player we spend money on this summer."

View attachment 233799

Chelsea have also spent money in the last few days brining in young full back Sime Vrsaljko for a reported £3 million fee. With Paulo Ferreira aging and struggling with injuries in recent years and Jose Bosingwa expecting to leave the club in the next few weeks Gianfranco Zola believed a new right back was neccesary and is delighted with his new signing.

Gianfranco Zola: " Sime is a very talented young player and it is clear to see he has potential to do great things in football. I feel the club needed a new young right back and Sime is exactly what I was looking for."

Vrsaljko is already better than Ivanovich.. I played him every game he was available in my save :)

Good start mate. Check my Green Army story too please. Thx

One in one out

View attachment 234136

Chelsea Football club have annnounced the signing of David "Junior" Hoilett from Blackburn Rovers in a £13 million deal. Hoilett has been linked with a move to a number of clubs this window but it is Chelsea who have managed to capture his signature. Hoilett is an attacking midfielder and can play down either side or through the middle and many believe he has the ability to set Stamford Bridge alight. Hoilett is Chelsea's Second signing under new boss Gianfranco Zola who had also brought in full back Sime Vrsaljko last week from Croatian side Dinano.

Gianfranco Zola: " Junior is a very talented young player and it is no suprise many clubs p and down the country wanted to sign him. I am delighted it is Chelsea who have captured him in the end and I am sure he will turn out to be a brilliant addition to our squad."

View attachment 234151
Junior in action for Blackburn against his new club.

The player saying goodbye to Chelsea Football Club is Portugeese full back Jose Bosingwa who like John Obi-Mikel has left the premier league to join Serie A. Jose has joined Palermo in a deal worth £3.1 million and will be looking to start well at his new club. The 28 year old struggled to adapt to life in the premier league recieving alot of criticism over his performances and he also struggled with a couple of injuries during his time in the premier league.

Highly rated youngster swaps Spain for England

View attachment 234624

Chelsea have spent £1.5 million on signing 16 year old Cameroon born striker Jean-Marie Dongue. The highly rated striker has moved to Chelsea from Spanish giants Barcelona and was considered one of the clubs best young prospects before leaving. Gianfranco Zola believes Jean-Marie has a very bright future ahead of him and can become a huge part of Chelsea in years to come.

Gianfranco Zola: " I am delighted to bring a very talented young player like Jean-Marie to Chelsea Football Club. I am very confident Jean can become a huge part of Chelsea in the future and I am looking forward to seeing how he progresses as a player and I am sure the fans feel the same as I do. It is unlikely the fans will see too much of him in the first team in the upcoming season but with the potential and ability this young man posseses I am sure the fans wont have to wait too long till they see him in action for the first time."

In other transfer news coming out of Stamford Bridge Jamal Blackman, Aziz Dean-Conteh and Jacob Mellis have all left the club on loan deals.

Apologise about no updates in the last week been having trouble with my computer. The Internet kept disconnecting about a week ago and now it won't connect at all so I haven't been able to update the story. The problem should be solved by Saturday thankfully then I can get back to continuing this story :)

This story returns tomorrow :) A little later then I hoped and planned but I am just happy my Internet has been fixed and I can get back to FM :)

Bad news my computer is still playing up and I still can't get an Internet connection. Really annoyed as I want to get back to continuing this story hopefully the problem is sorted as soon as possible.