Chelsea's Start to the Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

CtPauley

ORVP
Reaction score
While ill admit chelsea have been impressive in there opening five game, I really don't understand why journalists, pundits and fans are raving about them. Looking at the 5 games they've played against the lower prem teams in which they should be winning. 4 or 5 nill each time. But when you go back to the comminuity shield final man utd dominated. So I feel that if chelsea are really going to retain the title they need prove it in there next 3 games against man city, arsenal and villa. Anyone else agree?

although the teams were lower teams no team has the given right to win 4 or 5 nil simple as that and by the way more of them have been 6 nil. I think most Chelsea fans would agree that the Community Shield proberly came a week too early for Chelsea as our main first team had only been in training for a few days. Its easy why the jounelists are raving about us its because even against the so called lower teams the football we are playing is sensational and i would go as far as saying proberly better then any other team so far this season. Plus we are the current Premierleague Champions so of corse we are the favourates.

this is gettinb roing now everyone saying look who chelsea played tbh i dont think any chelsea fan cares a wins a win at the end of the day no matter who its against

You can only beat who your playing...And Chelsea have done more then that this season.

Can definately see them winning the league.

I am a spurs fan :p but Chelsea have done really well so far, and no credit should be taken away from them, eve if it was Blackpool.

You can only beat who your playing...And Chelsea have done more then that this season.

Can definately see them winning the league.

and i can definatly see you finishing in the top 4 again.

yep chelsea are completely dominating the lower sides but this matters aswell you often see teams like arsenal man utd liverpool city go to clubs away and lose/draw whreas chelsea wil hammer them, but yep they will come under test against bigger temas but i do believe they'll retain the title

tbh even if chelsea only get draws against the tams like arsenal utd city etc i will be happy with them results as long as we beat all the other teams and win the league

The way they've done it has been impressive but maximum points from there fixtures is what you would have expected from them.

Honestly i would be suprised if Chelsea dont win this year, theyve had a brilliant start to the season and should have won by more yesterday. It dosnt matter if they lose 1 or 2 games against their challengers for the title because its so rare that Chelsea drop points against the teams they should beat whereas Arsenal and Man Utd do. For example, arsenal drawing with Sunderland and Man Utd v Everton, Fulham.

I don't see other teams thrashing these sides week in week out with such great consistency. Yes, some people will say they haven't faced a good team yet but let me stress the fact that there is no easy game in the premier league, United and Chelsea found that out at Burnley and Wigan last season. All this Chelsea hype is well deserved in my opinion and they are certainly living up to it.

The way they've done it has been impressive but maximum points from there fixtures is what you would have expected from them.

Exactly, if they didn't get maximum points from those games loads of people will be saying they are struggling.

they done no less than expected, but what they have shown is a great ability to punish the smallest of mistakes, that can make all the difference come may. but 5 games is too short a time to wax lyrical about them.

Chelsea had been impressive thus far. That said, the standard of their opponents thus far is way inferior (no offense) than theirs. I will reserve my judgement until I see how they play against Man City next week.

Looking at the 5 games they've played against the lower prem teams in which they should be winning. 4 or 5 nill each time.

I never knew that was the rule, it certainly wasn't under Mourinho when they enjoyed so much success, I will be expecting Man United to be beating these teams 4 or 5 nil every time then.

Exactly, if they didn't get maximum points from those games loads of people will be saying they are struggling.

but the facts are we have won all 5 games scoring 21 goals and only conceding 1. Plus we have improved on results from last season as we lost away to wigan 3-1 last season but beat them 6-0 this time round, we also drew to west ham away 1-1 last season but this season we won 3-1. Look we have nothing to prove we done the double over Man Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool last season the only bogey side we had was Man City who done the double over us.

Honestly i would be suprised if Chelsea dont win this year, theyve had a brilliant start to the season and should have won by more yesterday. It dosnt matter if they lose 1 or 2 games against their challengers for the title because its so rare that Chelsea drop points against the teams they should beat whereas Arsenal and Man Utd do. For example, arsenal drawing with Sunderland and Man Utd v Everton, Fulham.

I don't think you can really compare West Brom, Blackpool, Stoke, West Ham and Wigan with the likes of Sunderland (at home), Everton (consistently in the top 8 of the table) and Fulham (Europa League finalist). Like I've said before, I wouldn't be buying into the hype of Chelsea being all conquering until I see how they performed against better quality teams.

people are saying them winning by big scores is expected and doesnt mean much anyway well what about goal difference ?? who knows the league might be won on goal difference if two teams are level on points and if chelsea are one of the two our massive goal difference could come in handy

Not looking forward to playing them in the Carling Cup at the Bridge, I tell you now! :S

Status
Not open for further replies.