Club rivalries - do they develop?

shadowsc2

Reaction score
Sorry if this is the wrong section for this thread.

I am asking myself, do rivalries between teams develop. I know that they develop between players and managers, but, as asked do they develop betwen clubs, has anyone experienced that on this FM?

Last edited:
I don't think so, I think it's something a lot of people want though. It might come out that its a feature in FM12 in the next few weeks.

If you're that intense about it though you could just use FMRTE to slowly (or instantly) build up the rivalry?

I don't think so, I think it's something a lot of people want though. It might come out that its a feature in FM12 in the next few weeks.

If you're that intense about it though you could just use FMRTE to slowly (or instantly) build up the rivalry?

I don't use FMRTE nor do I know how to use it nor do I need it. Well, I had hoped that it develops it would make the game a bit more realistic...

It'd certainly be a great and very welcome feature.

Well I know it used to happen.. Might have been CM (before FM so same thing really) though can't remember. I remember I was beaten in the CL final by Barcelona and they became a rival for a while, don't think it was permanent though.

No, I admit it would be nice if it did, but it's a bit subjective, would simply knocking you out of the cup a few times count for instance? And would stack up with a lot of minor rivals if it wasn't temporary, and how far off would it fade? Would teams who onces vied for the title lose at least some rivalry if one of them faded into mediocrity for a while? Like how Italy is overloaded with rivalries. For me it's enough that I can have my own personal ones without needing the game to 'officially' confirm what my rivalries are.

yes they do. After 18 years at Napoli, most of the clubs that were classed as 'other rivals' at the start are now 'fierce rivals'. I even have Real Madrid on the list now, beat them in four ECL finals. Constantly beating a team in high profile games will increase it, but it does take a while.

yes they do. After 18 years at Napoli, most of the clubs that were classed as 'other rivals' at the start are now 'fierce rivals'. I even have Real Madrid on the list now, beat them in four ECL finals. Constantly beating a team in high profile games will increase it, but it does take a while.

Yeah thanks Stuw... I don't know why I don't have Dinamo or Hajduk as rivals as I have constantly been beating them in league games and semi-finals/finals of cups... and I have beaten them at least 20 times each.

Never knew this could happen. Think there has always been problems with bugs on the information screen regarding rivals and legends. I won everything with MK Dons and was at the club ten seasons even though I won all the major trophies I was never on put on the "legends" of the club just on the favourite personal...very annoying.

this is a good topic to discuss, i'm also wondering about it.

but it also fades away abit. like in the 1st season, Man city are rival (obviously Wenger hates their finances, LOL) and now like 15 years on, they are not listed in my club info, but in the report card of a city player, it says that we are rivals. hmm must be a low profile one.

i also notices that villa too are my rivals. hehe. ! what do u think God CUBED! ;)

atm i don't have any international club rivalry, but i play to keep this feud internally and not exposed to all of the world.