Coventry completes signing of striker Marlon King

Agreed. Always knew someone would take him back, didn't think he would return at such a high level though.

Agreed. Always knew someone would take him back, didn't think he would return at such a high level though.
stunned and pretty disappointed but thats their perogative. wonder how it will go down with the fans, especially the female ones

I think he is a terrible footballer who had one good season with Watford and add to that he is a scumbag, He should only be at Coventry to clean the players boots

******. He won't do so well against Championship defences - they're not women.

Served his punishment, has a right to work.

Football is probably all he knows, wonder how he will take the stick though. Good player at that level but it doesn't stop him being a scumbag.

Last edited:
He's gonna get so much stick.

Hopefully it doesn't let it get to him and kick out.

Football is probably all he knows, wonder how he will take the stick though. Good player at that level but it doesn't but still a scumbag.

Yes he's served his punishment, but in nearly all occupations with a reasonable wage he wouldn't be allowed to return. Most jobs would sack you and you would find decent employment next to impossible if you committed anything like he did. So no, I don't think he should be allowed to return.

Football is probably all he knows, wonder how he will take the stick though. Good player at that level but it doesn't but still a scumbag.

Did he really? what would the women who he beat up think? what if it was your mother?

I can't justify him going back to a 3-8k+ weekly wage.

Did he really? what would the women who he beat up think? what if it was your mother?

most other jobs would laugh at you if you turned up with 14 separate criminal offences on your record, yet we're supposed to believe he deserves this chance? what about the other chances hes continously blown?

I guess it'll be me that posts this then:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJekytYGPc4"]YouTube - Russell Howards Marlon King Chant[/ame]

:)

Last edited:
Yes he's served his punishment, but in nearly all occupations with a reasonable wage he wouldn't be allowed to return. Most jobs would sack you and you would find decent employment next to impossible if you committed anything like he did. So no, I don't think he should be allowed to return.

Most occupations yes but football is different, good players are hard to come by especially on a free which Marlon King is.

Of course I'd be unhappy if it was my mother but he's a free man has a right to earn the wage at what he does. Lee Hughes and Barton have been accepted back into football so I don't see why Barton hasn't.

same as Lee Hughes and i don't think NottsCounty fans care anymore do they.

Good for him. It's not his problem that Coventry want to sign him.

Can see him getting stick week in week out though.

same as Lee Hughes and i don't think NottsCounty fans care anymore do they.

Speaking of which, Notts County will be in Bristol soon. Going to be a good game on the terrace :$

Speaking of which, Notts County will be in Bristol soon. Going to be a good game on the terrace :$

make sure you slag off Lee Hughes as much as possible. he was at charlton last week and we gave him no end of stick and he missed a one-on-one, a penalty, and an open goal from a yard (although it was offside anyway) :)

anyway as for King, i dont think he deserves to be back in football as many have said. he probably wont be the same player, but all the same he will sit on the bench and earn a stupid amount of wages. i think someone above said he had about 17 seperate offences. just ****** disgusting that hes going to be rich

Last edited: