ben1250

Reaction score
Only way is up ?

Crystal Palace are a football club with great heritage and footballing reputation, since there formation in 1905 they have risen and fallen on numerous occasions. Reaching the FA cup final in 1990 was a big achievement for a club that had during the 1988/1989 season done so well, moving on from that season this chance at glory following was passed off after a lose to Manchester United.

Anyway, enough of the glory days. Crystal Palace as recently as 1998 went into administration and once again recently plunged into heavy debt, this story begins with the sacking of George Burley this decision led fans to ask the question ''who next'' ?

good start but try and add pics & e.g best players also use headerss

Shock appointment
Literally minutes after ex manager George Burley left the Selhurst park complex a new face was drafted in as manager at the financially stricken club, Ben Graham who is little known in the footballing world.

Burley is said to be not too disheartened by his dismissal stating after the announcement of Palace's transfer budget and the 10 point deduction he can after being dismissed hopefully get a job with a better board, whereas Graham was optomistic saying

'I am here today joining a proud footballing club, the location of this club is a big reason why i decided to take on this challenge which is by far the greatest i've ever been assigned. The transfer budget is £0 and the wage budget is -£17'000 before i even joined this means players coming in will be virtually none existant. Getting rid of the -£17'000 on the wage bill and staying in this division is my main aim but with players such as Lee Trundle on trial the future could go either way really, i just wanted to be honest with the fans and let them know the situation'

Time will only tell whether Graham will be able to fit Trundle into his squad before first match of season.

Maybe up is a option ?

Palace fans today were given a boost with a 1-1 draw against Champions league side Bordeaux of France, the fixture was seen as a certain loss for a Palace side that is lacking in numbers and lacking severely in game winning style players.

The main performers were Darren Ambrose who grabbed himself a goal, Clyne from right back who got up and down the wing superbly and Lee Trundle up front caused problems all game against a team which included Alou Diarra and Gourcuff

After the game Graham decided it was in Palace's best intrests to let Trundle find a club elsewhere as the budget just wouldn't allow his signing to happen.

Last edited:
This is actually almost impossible, i've barely got a squad yet i can't even afford free agents.

Could be one of greatest stories so far or greatest disasters with the latter being a high possibility !

'Nobody can just turn up and expect a game under me'

Hard words from young Crystal Palace manager today after he secured some major loan signing's, the loan signing's are below as a screenshot also included in the purchase's was a young lad released from Manchester United called Zahirovic who isn't good enough for this standard of football in my opinion but i was desperate for a new striker so i could sell Alan Lee for around £300'000 hopefully soon.

Nottingham Forest 0-1 Crystal Palace

Graham waived some magic today and pulled off a dramatic 3 points from a devastated Forest, the end was rapidly approaching when Graham brought onloan Banton off the bench to score a 90th minute winner. Banton obviously relieved to have made such a instant impact celebrated wildly in front of the away fans at The city ground.

Exeter 0-1 Crystal Palace

It remains to be seen whether Graham is happy to further Palace's run in the cup as he hopes to keep his slightly small squad fit and fresh but today's 1-0 victory away seems to have lifted the spirits of fans due to continuing there momentum from the victory over Forest. Neil Danns scored the vital goal in the 87th minute, another ****** and grab by Graham's men who showed will to fight to the very end.

Last edited:
Some advice for you, get loans from Premiership sides, try Danijel Subotic and Matt Ritchie, great players for me on my Palace game :)

Some advice for you, get loans from Premiership sides, try Danijel Subotic and Matt Ritchie, great players for me on my Palace game :)

Sorted out few loanee's now thanks for advice didnt loan either but i know Richie is superb usually.

Just made Chelsea my Parent club i had a choice between them and West Ham, in my opinion West Ham had better players to offer on loan but Chelsea were prepared to give me a extra £50'000 per season so that swung it, just shows how dreadful my financial situation is.

Big Changes at Selhurst park as Palace fortune changes.

Great news for all Crystal Palace fans recently as the club has improved significantly. A takeover from a local consortium has been completed which hasn't given Graham a new budget but has given Graham the promise that his position won't be assessed until the end of the season at the earliest, also the risk of another point deduction is very low due to the influx of cash to pay off the mounting debt.

On the pitch during the last few months Palace have climbed out the relegation zone and currently sit 20th which is the media expectation before the season started. Graham has also lead his men to a League Cup SEMI FINAL which will be played quite soon, this alone was enough for the new chairman to keep Graham at the helm. On such a shoestring budget Graham's job so far is safe according to loyal Palace fans who see him as a saviour of their club.

Graham himself see's his role at the club differantly, talking to BBC SPORT earlier this is what he had to say.

' For any Palace fan's who think we're safe, their wrong simply wrong we are in a huge battle for survival at the moment, on current form we will be in this division next season for sure but i don't want the players to slack one bit, the paying fans deserve better than that. I haven't spent a single penny yet and to be frankly honest i joined this club knowing that would be the case but beating Manchester City in the League cup semi final was a huge show of character by my players, they have achieved this not me.'

Proper update soon. Maybe after cup semi final.

Last edited: