APB_9

Reaction score
I am just returning to the world of football manager after a 5 year absence and have noticed it has got increasingly harder.<O:p
<O:p
To make my return even harder I decided it would be a good idea to start out with a lower league team aka (rubbish). No offense darlo fans.<O:p
In my 1<SUP>st</SUP> season the board are less then impressed and I feel it is only a matter of time before they terminate my contract. <O:p
I am 13<SUP>th</SUP> in the league at the moment and have played 24 games, only winning 7 loosing 12 and drawing 5.
The board will give me no money, so I have had to rely on freebies, who basically are not very impressive.<O:p
My next four fixtures are against teams in the top 6 of the league unfortunately and I can see myself slipping further down the table.<O:p
Does anybody know of any good defensive formations to try and hold out for the point? <O:p<O:p
Help<O:p
Cheers<O:p

Try this, it's not defensive as such but it's a steady controling tactic...

Have left the set pieces to default, so you will have to set up your own routine, and have also left "Creative Freedom" at default, so you can set up as you wish?

You may need to tweak some of the player instructions cos you wouldn't want someone with a Long Shot rating of 2 shooting from distance all the time!

Hope you get some success out of it, I use it as my Away formation and very rarely get beat!

Let me know how you get on?

It hasn’t really got much better, well slightly, But i made my first cash signing on the game after my tight **** board gave me some money! all 50k of it.
I purchased Paul Telfer ( Yes he is still alive) for 1k ( gigantic fee) and I instantly made him captain because his influence was much higher.<O:p
This made the previous skipper unhappy but I thought f**k him! Telfer came in Scoring a last minute equalizer on his debut things looked rosie<O:p
Out of the 4 games i commented on against the top of the table clubs i only managed to pick up a point with a draw against shrewsbury! :) ,massive result. This dropped me down to 18th and i feared the sack. But with 4 games unbeaten I am back to 15<SUP>th</SUP> in the league and almost certain of survival.<O:p
<O:p</O:p
However my managerial brilliance in signing Paul Telfer looks to have add some sturdiness to my back four and I am looking to make it 5 undefeated matches after my side snatched a last gasp winner against Notts County.<O:p
The thing you mentioned about long shots has helped a lot. I had a player who’s shooting was 6 on shooting often! So thanks for that.<O:p
VIVA LA DARLO!!!!!!! <O:p

anymore tips welcome!!! :)

50k is a fair wedge for league 2 and below. You'd be able to get 3-4 decent players in for that I would imagine. Try getting yourself a feeder team and young loanees in.

lol, sorry, that was supposed to be 5k, but then this has dissapeared?

as with the start of my second season, 2k was offered by the board, and it has now gone, i am loosing money?

i may have to sell a key player to make some funds available, if i had 50k i would be laughing!!

got offered a second contract with club and now my expectations are mid table,

I cant even get money for wages to buy free transfers, tried to sign robbie fowler but my board have shortened the wage budget, anyway of bulking this without being rejected by asking? like will i have more if i sell someone??