CCFC_1987

Reaction score
I am coventry city and in my second season in the prem but have an exterely leaky defense. When I am away i play a mid/deep defensive line with my CB on central defend/stopper and other on central defender/defend. When i am at home i play a mid defensive line with one stopper and one cover. At home my full backs are on support and away they are defend, i never use offside trap but one of my CB's are constantly getting low ratings below 6 every match. Can anyone help me to get a much better defence thanks. Here are screenshots of the defendrs if it helps
4. Sergio Díaz.png stopper
5. Julio César Cáceres.png
cover

You could try setting Diaz to Zonal marking and Caceres to Man marking because that has worked for a lot of people on the forum..

Check this thread for more details:
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f72/want-to-get-an-extremely-solid-defense-t24654.html

Also I see both of your defenders have poor off the ball movement stats which isn't good because they can easily be exposed by through balls and lively players with good movement stats. Maybe look into buying another centre back, some with a bit of pace and good movement to fill the covering role better than Caceres..

You could try setting Diaz to Zonal marking and Caceres to Man marking because that has worked for a lot of people on the forum..

Check this read for more details:
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f72/want-to-get-an-extremely-solid-defense-t24654.html

Also I see both of your defenders have poor off the ball movement stats which isn't good because they can easily be exposed by through balls and lively players with good movement stats. Maybe look into buying another centre back, some with a bit of pace and good movement to fill the covering role better than Caceres..
thanks for the quick reply mate i will try what you said about zonal and man marking. Also i didn't realise off the ball was important for defenders, i thought this was mainly for strikers making off the ball runs etc.

thanks for the quick reply mate i will try what you said about zonal and man marking. Also i didn't realise off the ball was important for defenders, i thought this was mainly for strikers making off the ball runs etc.

Its not an extremely important attribute for them but it still needs to be above average to cope with strikers with quality movement. If you look on the scout report for the 1 with 3 Off the ball it should say something about it in the weaknesses.

Its not an extremely important attribute for them but it still needs to be above average to cope with strikers with quality movement. If you look on the scout report for the 1 with 3 Off the ball it should say something about it in the weaknesses.
no it says no real weakness. Would you reccomend playing cranie instead he only has 8 off the ball though??

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

played my next match with cranie as CB cover, i drew 1-1 but their goal was from a corner and cranie got a match rating of 6.8 which was good. Thanks