Pete - LFC

Reaction score
I'm having an awful amount of trouble with my defensive midfielders. I currently use mascha and this kid that i've brought through. Basically im getting a yellow more or less every bloomin game!! It's getting ridiculous this season (screenshots below) and i'm on here to ask if anyone could help me as i can't take much more. Most games, on the opposition instructions page before the match, i single out a few people who i aim to takle 'hard' but only a coulple. The tackling bar for each individual is set to 'normal' so surely it's not that. I even choose 'stay on feet' in the pitchside instructions but it doesn't help. Somebody PLEASE help me!! I've had enough.

View attachment 54935

View attachment 54936

Change the tackling to cautious, and try to teach the regen to stay on his feet when tackling(PPM)

I have it on more cautious permanently like but yeah i will try to teach him that yeah. cheers.

Thats thier job tbh if theyre not getting sent off i wouldnt worry

KidSparxx - Yeah but then again, if you keep getting yellows you get bans don't you!! Just what Sismael said above.

Yeah i suppose but there isnt much you can do about it. If put their tackling to cautious why use a defensive midfielder? His stats are perfect for hard tackling so let him do what he likes to do.....tackle hard!

Exactly walrus. Fuggin borderline insanity. But i hate not playing with a defensive midfielder as i can't figure a way of cutting the space between defence & midfield without pushing the defence up. Which can, and is very costly sometimes.

Can't believe how over-rated Mascherano is, he basically just runs around like a nutter kicking people.

its just the type of player he is IRL too :D what you can do is fine him when he gets a red card all the time and maybe tell him his performance was crappy when he played like a 6.8 with a yellow on a few occassions could help too! but other than that, it is Mascherano dude :p

IRL DM Vidal from Leverkusen got 9 yellow cards in his most recent 10 games.