mcconnor8

Reaction score
THE DIAMOND DESTRUCTOR

View attachment 180547View attachment 180546View attachment 180545

TACTIC EXPLANATION

This tactic is based on having a front 3 that will cause your opponents to have nightmares, while also maintaining a solid defence utilizing an anchor man in front as well as a deep lying play maker to help keep the team solid. I have used this tactic for most of FM16 and been very successful with it so far in both lower leagues as well as higher league teams. I have opted for a high pressing possession based system for this tactic, with instructions such as close down much more and retaining possession emphasizing this. Also the team is set to be more disciplined and stick to possession as well as the mentality set to standard so that they don't over commit men forward and concede silly goals.

Another aspect is that it isn't set to work ball into box, this is a popular instruction but with my system I want the players to be constantly pressuring the other team and while not taking pot shots from long range, testing the keeper regularly and with early crosses the wing backs who are set to attack will be putting the ball in early to the 2 strikers to try to catch the defense unaware.

TRAINING OPPOSITION INSTRUCTIONS AND PLAYER INSTURCTIONS

When you implement the tactic set the match training to full so that the team learns the tactic quickly then when it is fluid set it to less match training, I set the type of training to balanced and intensity to low so that the team trains everything but also reduces the amount of injuries it receives and allows it to rest for matches. I set my assistant to do the opposition instructions so I would recommend that you hire an assistant with at least 15 in judging player current ability as well as tactical knowledge so that they can effectiv
ely choose which players to take action on. I have lots of player instructions set up to help the tactic operate as planned.

PLAYER ROLES ANALYSIS

Players: Goalkeeper: Due to the high line you want a keeper with decent rushing out ability to close down attackers as well as the other normal goalkeeper attributes.
Center Backs: These are set to ball playing center backs so good passing is recommended as well as a decent pace as they are set to cover as well as playing a high line.

Wing backs: These are vital to the teams attacking ability more than defense so a good passing attribute and crossing are very important in this team as well as good pace to get up and down the field.
Anchor Man: he is supposed to sit in front of the 2 center backs and offer protection so a good tackling attribute as well as positioning is quite important too.
Deep lying play-maker: He also doesn't push too far up the pitch to offer stability and counter the 2 wing backs pushing up so needs a decent positioning stat as well as good passing and first touch to distribute the ball forward.
Advanced Play-maker: he will push much further up the pitch so a good vision stat as well as passing as probably thew most important to pick out the people further up the pitch and make the killer pass.

Shadow Striker: He is vital in finishing off chances as well as moving into the space created by the false 9s so a good of the ball stat as well as finishing is important to build upon strong physical stats is useful.
False 9s: these need good pace to get onto the end of through balls as well as finishin
g and dribbling to create chances and finish them as they are the crucial part of the attack. Their attributes need to be quite all round and good in most areas as they aren't just acting as poachers in this team like some strikers do.

PORTO RESULTS 2020/21 - TOOK OVER IN JUNE 2019

View attachment 180552View attachment 180551
View attachment 180550

The match above is the Europa League Final from 2020, my first season in charge and on the run to the final I beat Arsenal, Napoli and AC Milan over two legs before the final in which I dominated, shown with 8 clear cut chances, 9 half chances and 5 times hitting the woodwork compared to their awful stats, should have won by way more than 3-0 if it wasn't for poor finishing by my players.

Results: These results are with Porto in 2021,so I have a pretty good team but it gives an idea of the dominance that this tactic can give, and I have tried this squad with other tactics posted on the forums and had no where near the levels of success that I have experienced using this tactic, feel free to test it with your teams and post your experiences as well as feedback on how to improve it, I have used corners and throw ins from various sources across the forums. I only took over Porto in 2019 and they hadn't won the league yet in this save.

Defensively the team is great and rarely concedes goals at all, my record was only 14 goals conceded in a full premiership season with Chelsea, albeit in the year 2026 and with a very good team, but impressive none the less. I have also only conceded 3 goals in my last 16 games with porto and clean sheets in both legs against PSG in the champions league round of 16 leading to a 3-0 aggregate win.​

TACTIC DOWNLOAD LINK

View attachment 180553

Last edited:
no offence might be a good tactic, but until you have screenshots of a team which doesnt already overpower the league it's in, and in the first season then people might take it seriously, just constructive criticism though :D

no offence might be a good tactic, but until you have screenshots of a team which doesnt already overpower the league it's in, and in the first season then people might take it seriously, just constructive criticism though :D

Yeah I know I should have but I was having so much fun with Porto and didn't really feel like starting a new save just to show people, when they play with it they will see how good it is :)

Let us seen against Paris Saint Germain.

View attachment 180310

I just drew 0-0 in the second leg away at PSG, which is a very good result because I won 3-0 at home, they also have 23 wins, 3 draws and 2 losses in ligue 1 so far so they are a very good team at the moment. It also shows how good this tactic is defensively, I have only conceded 3 goals in my last 16 games and 0 in my last 7.

View attachment 180309

Fc porto.. In 2021... Moving along.. :(

doesn't mean it is a bad tactic, it has been better for me than all the tactics I have tried on these forums, and I only took over porto in 2019

Does wonders for me from first game. Tactic was changed on fixture day, and we won after 6 straight losses. We won against a much better team :)

Worth to try guys (H):wub:

Does wonders for me from first game. Tactic was changed on fixture day, and we won after 6 straight losses. We won against a much better team :)

Worth to try guys (H):wub:

Thanks for the good feedback :), it is very strong defensively even against big teams and I keep a lot of clean sheets with it

you think you will have any updates soon ?

I am thinking of releasing a more attacking version of this tactic, but it does harm the defense slightly which is definitely the best part of this tactic.

I'm testing the tactic with the International, from Brazil, everything is running smoothly, 14 games have 12 wins, one loss and one draw. The only problem that I notice in this tactic is the high number of yellow cards, moreover, everything is working fine.

I'm testing the tactic with the International, from Brazil, everything is running smoothly, 14 games have 12 wins, one loss and one draw. The only problem that I notice in this tactic is the high number of yellow cards, moreover, everything is working fine.

thanks for the feedback, yeah high yellow card count can be an issue, the instructions are to get stuck in and mark tighter so one way to solve it would be to remove get stuck in and tighter marking but it may make the team worse defensively.

thanks for the feedback, yeah high yellow card count can be an issue, the instructions are to get stuck in and mark tighter so one way to solve it would be to remove get stuck in and tighter marking but it may make the team worse defensively.

would have a change for the worse, in the tactic if I changed one of the false 9 to center forward?

would have a change for the worse, in the tactic if I changed one of the false 9 to center forward?

You can try, it would give the attack more of a focal point but might damage some of the interchange between the attackers, I haven't tested it but you can and post the results here :)

You can try, it would give the attack more of a focal point but might damage some of the interchange between the attackers, I haven't tested it but you can and post the results here :)

I tried, were not the best results. It is used Mario Gomez, so I wanted to change, but he scores more goals as false 9, must be due to the rest of the same tactic in the end I went back to the original

I tried, were not the best results. It is used Mario Gomez, so I wanted to change, but he scores more goals as false 9, must be due to the rest of the same tactic in the end I went back to the original

Yea I have found that the 2 false 9s do work very well with the shadow striker and create a lot of chances together and even if a player isn't suited to the false 9 role they still perform well

I am considering releasing an update of the tactic, any suggestions for changes?