Diego Simeone Inspired l 4-4-2 l Counter Attacking/Pressing :: by Artisan :: 15.3.0

thanks

I love the Simeone's Tactics, so i give it a try in my new career with Udinese :)

Lord Artisan is back! I'm not the biggest fan of Simeone's tactics but looks great, will use it perhaps.

Brazil Maestro Artisan, glad to see you back!

Not a fan of Simeone's style either, still great to see you working on FM15 :)

I wasn't expecting this from someone almost famous on this forum...

Diego simeone either played more agressively with a target man so it looked like counter attacking, or he played counter as it should be, with standing off....I don't know, I don't watch games...but this is one of the worse efforts I've seen on this forum...

Still better than yours.

In the 2 man upfront, who scores the most? And what type of players do you recommend for that roles?
DF likes of Rooney/Mandzukic and DLF like Benzema/Berardi?

The DF (STCL) scored most for me but I think that is because of Pelle's lack of pace and skill on the ball

Diego simeone either played more agressively with a target man so it looked like counter attacking, or he played counter as it should be, with standing off....I don't know, I don't watch games...but this is one of the worse efforts I've seen on this forum...

Thats a bit harsh isnt it. If you don't watch games then how can you know what you are talking about. But thats for another discussion.

I used a DLF because the Target man Simeone uses also has the instruction to run with the ball an option which cannot be selected in the FM Engine. Also he as is usually the first outlet from the break and I needed him to sit a bit deeper to recieve the ball to feet or head it which is why I did not use a complete forward. The standing off you are refferring to is difficult to accomplish in this game as players will just run passed you. I only have close down on opposition defenders to win the ball back high up the pitch if the ball is lost.

Please kep the pointless negativity down to a minimum. Does not help anyone

Thats a bit harsh isnt it. If you don't watch games then how can you know what you are talking about. But thats for another discussion.

I used a DLF because the Target man Simeone uses also has the instruction to run with the ball an option which cannot be selected in the FM Engine. Also he as is usually the first outlet from the break and I needed him to sit a bit deeper to recieve the ball to feet or head it which is why I did not use a complete forward. The standing off you are refferring to is difficult to accomplish in this game as players will just run passed you. I only have close down on opposition defenders to win the ball back high up the pitch if the ball is lost.

Please kep the pointless negativity down to a minimum. Does not help anyone
Here Here!!!!

Hey artisan , nice tactic , i want to try that with IF , do u think that can work with some OI changes for the two W?

Hey artisan , nice tactic , i want to try that with IF , do u think that can work with some OI changes for the two W?

It could be tricky as inside forwards do not do as much defensively as wide midfielders.But if you wanted to change then I would advice changing just the MR to an inside forward. Changing both sides and you would have to make many changes to the whole tactic and it b3ecomes a complately different thing. Plus I am not really a fan of tactics that have similar roles on both wings. I think its easier for the AI to counter.

View attachment 784493

Media Prediction 16
No Transfers
Second best defence in bundesliga
didn't concede more than 3 goals(only once concede 3 in loose to leverkusen 2-3
many thanks for tactic if i find more time will test with top team, but whatever works for underdogs should work for big teams

The first time I read that, I saw media prediction 6 but on reading it again saw 16. You got some decent results there. Thanks for the feedback

and this is why your guides and tactics are forever full of holes and contridictions.

However does Athetico , now know as one of the hardest working team in Europe, stand off? They press the middle from the front and you can see it on the pitch.

Last edited:

Counter attack with stand off ? Please read this :

"Teams will want to "limit the space behind the back line and the goal." The DEFENDING will start around the MIDFIELD line. It's important that individuals don't chase the ball too deeply into the opponents half and leave gaps between the lines. Each line must stay compact and avoid getting separated from the others creating a block defense."

THIS IS THE FIRST RULE OF COUNTER ATTACK FOOTBALL AND THE MOST IMPORTANT.

Last edited:
Counter attack with stand off ? Please read this :

"Teams will want to "limit the space behind the back line and the goal." The DEFENDING will start around the MIDFIELD line. It's important that individuals don't chase the ball too deeply into the opponents half and leave gaps between the lines. Each line must stay compact and avoid getting separated from the others creating a block defense."

THIS IS THE FIRST RULE OF COUNTER ATTACK FOOTBALL AND THE MOST IMPORTANT.

i completly agree with that....you drop as deep as you can to leave no space between defenders and goal, you dont push up...you also win the ball by intercepting it by sticking to position, you dont go pressing...strikers are around the midfiled line, so you can really use a defensive forward like mandzukic

however if you go agressive football, like control, attack or overload, and use a target man role, you will look like a counter attacking team on the pitch...that's how bayern played in 2012-2013...

Last edited:
This tactic looks good. but im seriously struggling with it.... cant win the ball back. leaking goals left,right and centre.

I wont completely downside it though. i have seen some decide movement on attacking side.
going to keep at it.

also. not sure if its the new patch (everytime they patch it, there seems to be something else that goes wrong) but im getting red cards every game?

Last edited:
I'm taking a lot of goals at the end of games.

I'm just taking a lot of goals in set pieces... i re-do them and now works a treat! thanks, awesome work! great real life emulation!

Hello mate!
How would you set up the team of Atletico Madrid with this tactic?

Thanks!