Dieting

As the others said, alcohol is really bad for your weight and if you're really serious about wanting to lose weight I suggest you keep the alcohol for... well, getting drunk. I have the opposite "problem", I can't gain weight pretty much no matter how much eat. Exercise, eat less, eat better, keep a balanced diet, don't drink too much.

Last edited:
Aren't some chinese/far eastern foods good for you aswell? or is that just another urban myth?

Aren't some chinese/far eastern foods good for you aswell? or is that just another urban myth?
Most of the "this kind of food is extremely good for losing weight" stuff is bs. There are no miracle foods, unfortunately.

Most of the "this kind of food is extremely good for losing weight" stuff is bs. There are no miracle foods, unfortunately.

Don't buy into miracle foods either. Just common sense

Eat better, drink less and exercise more.

If you're only trying to lose a stone or so, no need to do it quickly, just take your time, you have 8 months or so until you need your beach bod. ;)

A properly cooked stir fry is just as good for you as any other dish that uses fresh vegetables and some lean chicken as its main ingredients :)

Oriental spices, chilli, ginger, etc etc MAY help some peoples metabolisms to speed up, but thats the only differnce between a healthy orinetal dish and a healthy western one.

A properly cooked stir fry is just as good for you as any other dish that uses fresh vegetables and some lean chicken as its main ingredients :)

Oriental spices, chilli, ginger, etc etc MAY help some peoples metabolisms to speed up, but thats the only differnce between a healthy orinetal dish and a healthy western one.

So sort of similar to some Indian foods for example then. One thing I've never been sure about til now. The missus is very particular about healthy foods (with having kids and not wanting them to be overweight), and was sort of unsure herself. I'd never have a ready meal though-like already mentioned, they're so full of junk it's unreal. And pretty much not value for money either.

So sort of similar to some Indian foods for example then. One thing I've never been sure about til now. The missus is very particular about healthy foods (with having kids and not wanting them to be overweight), and was sort of unsure herself. I'd never have a ready meal though-like already mentioned, they're so full of junk it's unreal. And pretty much not value for money either.

Ready meals are win.

Ready meals are win.

Used to think that until I found out more about them, now I stay clear of them. And for some prices, it's cheaper making your own stuff-can even make meal for two if you shop wisely. Though I can be a sucker for Tesco Value Apple Pies :$

Last edited:
Eat pasta and ketchup. Drink only relentless.

It's working for me.

Losing weight fast isn't good.

You'll gain it again, as fast as you lost it.

Of course, I'm not saying you gotta take a year to lose 5 kilos, but it is unhealthy doing it to fast.

Used to think that until I found out more about them, now I stay clear of them. And for some prices, it's cheaper making your own stuff-can even make meal for two if you shop wisely. Though I can be a sucker for Tesco Value Apple Pies :$

Only ready meal I've had at Uni so far is pizza. ^.^ I'm just a beast at cooking.

Eat pasta and ketchup. Drink only relentless.

It's working for me.

I've eaten so much pasta. But ketchup!?!

I've eaten so much pasta. But ketchup!?!

This discovery resulted in a very odd discussion on Facebook between me, Mike. and an Italian girl who was horrified at my use of ketchup with penne.

IT IS SO GOOD.

My mate lost 6 stone in two months by only eating brann flakes and drinking orange juice. :)

But if you just ate healthier and exercised you would notice a huge difference. People who need diets are just weak and need something to blame when they eventually put the weight back on. Man up.

Seriously? He must have had crazy ring sting/diarrhea!

I used to have Bran Flakes before work then a coffee when I arrived at the office, was a ticking time bomb.

I wouldn't let it control you, eat what ever the **** you want, but in moderation. I try to get enough fruit & veg and just eat whatever I want other than that. White bread,pasta, pizza,steak,chicken. Join the gym or go running, play football or something.

This discovery resulted in a very odd discussion on Facebook between me, Mike. and an Italian girl who was horrified at my use of ketchup with penne.

IT IS SO GOOD.

Telling an Italian you use ketchup for a pasta sauce must have gone down well.

Get pasta sauce in a jar. :)