AdamWilliam__

Reaction score
I'm currently managing Southampton and about to start my 3rd season. After gaining promotion in the first season to the Championship, I was heartbreakingly beaten 2-1 in the Play Off Final last season by Blackpool. Therefore this season I am looking to mount a serious promotion push. However I have a slight transfer dilemma, I recently entered into negotiations to purchase Charlie Austin from Swindon, however I backed out as I felt the sum I offered for him (£2.5 Million, when valued at £1.4 Million) was too much, I then offered a lower amount which was accepted and was about to offer him a contract, however was informed he has no interest in talking to me due to the breakdown in previous talks. I was wondering how long I will have to wait before he will be willing to talk to me again? As I feel if I can sign him, he would be a great player for me.

My dilemma however is what to do if I will be waiting a long time for him to be prepared to talk to me again.

I have a few options:

1) If he is willing to talk within a month, I can sign him no problems.
2) If he won't talk to me until January transfer window, I can sign a Premiership striker on loan till then and then sign him.
3) If he won't talk to me until the summer, I have Jordan Rhodes of Huddersfield lined up as a signing, and can then sign Austin at the start of next season.

I could also not sign anyone and keep faith in the strikers I currently have:

Leigh Griffiths: Top League Goalscorer in both my seasons so far, out of the entire league not just my team.
Adam Le Fondre: Scored around 19 goals each season in the first two seasons
Rickie Lambert: I know he has a great reputation, however he only scored 4 in the league last season.
Lee Barnard: Scored some crucial goals in the first season, however barely played last season, still has decent stats though.

I also signed Tom Bradshaw from Shrewsbury last season for £75,000, however he didn't play due to the strikers about him.

I would love to hear anyones suggestions, also crucially anyones experiences on how long a wait I will be facing before Austin will be prepared to talk to me again.

Many thanks guys! :)