Disadvantaged user team and stupid scripts

This is the problem with some people playing the game.

You guys think that your some Sir Alex Ferguson so whenever you lose a game you say that the game is against you. Maybe the teams tactics you were facing played against the disadvantages of your teams tactics.

Maybe ditch is idea that your a managing god and try some new tactics and approaches.

Hey, calm down man. I don't think you like the fact someone is criticising FM.

The problem has happened to me and there's little you can do about it, or things like you dominating an entire match and losing due to a CB scoring some wild effort from 70 yards out

Hey, calm down man. I don't think you like the fact someone is criticising FM.

The problem has happened to me and there's little you can do about it, or things like you dominating an entire match and losing due to a CB scoring some wild effort from 70 yards out
its becuase the the OP's points are invalid. the game engine cannot tell the difference between user and ai, it does not stack the deck against you.

Oh common, the game is written to be a world for a user team.. it definetly recognizes, who is user, because user is one..

Oh common, the game is written to be a world for a user team.. it definetly recognizes, who is user, because user is one..
the ME cannot differentiate between user and ai. this has been confirmed by SI over and over.

the ME cannot differentiate between user and ai. this has been confirmed by SI over and over.

So you really think that other managers in the game are "going" to the press conferences and choose one of the answers and everything in AI clubs is not generated in other way then at user team? That every match between AI temas is generated exactly in the same way as User x AI are? I haven't read what SI confirmed and of course they have no need to lie, but it's really really weird..

So you really think that other managers in the game are "going" to the press conferences and choose one of the answers and everything in AI clubs is not generated in other way then at user team? That every match between AI temas is generated exactly in the same way as User x AI are? I haven't read what SI confirmed and of course they have no need to lie, but it's really really weird..
yes they are. they will choose answers based on the game ai and the pesonality of the manager player etc. which is actually what you do anyway when you go to press conference. there is no bias. the ai does not cheat against you, it does not stack the deck against you. it does not shift the rules against you.
the ai does not cheat at one vs one on goal. because it makes not differentiaton in the value of a user input and ai input.

"I loose 1:5 at home.. so some players are set to commit suicide"

Wow, morale must be pretty low!

Anyway if I were you just keep going. It could happen to anyone, down to 10 against a better team. Instead of complaining that life is against you, work out what went wrong and get it right in the next game. If the game was easy it wouldn't be any fun would it?

Hey mate I think your players are getting complacent. So in pre-match conferences you could say that the next game is not an easy one and also use motivating team-talks. If you are winning at half-time, using dont get careless really helps

Interesting because my 4th season now as Chelsea and this game is frustrating the **** out of me. There was another thread about the game being "scripted" earlier and I did think there was a conspiracy theory about the game and it would just give you an unjustified beating just to teach you a lesson.
I have lost count of stupid own goals, missed penalties and 30 yard screamers that have robbed me of points over 4 seasons but quality strikers in my team such as Dzeko, Lukaku and Kadlec miss countless 1 on 1's.

Interesting about complacency as I always big my players up & say confidence is high etc.
I rarely worry about the opposition in the press conference so will try that now.

Anyway if I were you just keep going. It could happen to anyone, down to 10 against a better team. Instead of complaining that life is against you, work out what went wrong and get it right in the next game. If the game was easy it wouldn't be any fun would it?
Yes, again.. It can happen, but I tried different tactics, different teams, different competitions, searched the internet, but it's still the same.. when playing against 10, in 60% the other team is better then before.. it CAN happen, but not regulary.. today I saw real match between PSV and Heracles.. it was 2-2 until a defender from Heracles was sent off a then PSV scored 3 goals that won the match.. and I can guarantee that in 10 of these cases, PSV will win in 5-6, match can be drawn in 3-4 cases and Heracles will win in 0-1 cases.... But in FM team with ten man is almost regulary better a really hungry after result, which is absurd.. so it CAN happen, but not so often.. the 10 men team is absurdly galvanized and redeemed, even if the team plays badly in recent fixtures.. and of course the game is fun because it's not easy, it wouldn't be the game, the excitment:) but these absurd facts really spoil me the game, because it seems very unrealistic to me.. I accept that I lose to team worse than I, that happen sometimes.. but why my team must be the victim of curing of other teams.. Almost in every game the team, which is struggling, loses to everyone is suddenly capable of beating me and no one else (again it's not tactics or coincidence, I tried many times) my friends have similar experiences and stopped to play.. but I can't, it's my drug XD

Last edited:
Interesting because my 4th season now as Chelsea and this game is frustrating the **** out of me. There was another thread about the game being "scripted" earlier and I did think there was a conspiracy theory about the game and it would just give you an unjustified beating just to teach you a lesson.
I have lost count of stupid own goals, missed penalties and 30 yard screamers that have robbed me of points over 4 seasons but quality strikers in my team such as Dzeko, Lukaku and Kadlec miss countless 1 on 1's.

Interesting about complacency as I always big my players up & say confidence is high etc.
I rarely worry about the opposition in the press conference so will try that now.

you should aim to use the press conference to motivate your players for the match ahead..

if you always say it's going to be an easy game and the players are confident, yada yada etc etc then you are setting yourself up for a BIG fall...

over a season you can see how your players have reacted to things you have said and/or done in press conferences, private chat, etc and should know what is likely to be a potential banana skin and avoid it where possible, even if you have to 'no comment' (but even that can have an effect so be aware)