Status
Not open for further replies.

joep724

Reaction score
Having just completed my first season with Liverpool im definately in need of more firepower upfront, both Seydou Doumbia and Leandro Damaio are my 2 favoured options.

Doumbia will cost £16mil plus future incentives
Damiao will cost £25mil
they will both be on around the same wage, and there reasonably similar strikers yet i dont know which will be the best buy ?
Either striker will play as an advanced forward, any help would be great

I haven't used Doumbia, but Damiao has always been amazing for me. Kept likes of Pato and Ibra out of first 11 in my Milan save.

Ace ! what type of striker did you play Damiao as ?

I used Raikans 4-1-3-2 tactic and I think I used him as Poacher. It's been awhile since I've played last so cant remember for sure.

I bought Damaio over Jovetic in my Liverpool save, they were both very similar.

Damaio was fantastic for 1 season, but he got a long term injury and I had to play Suarez up front on his own.

He's never been the same since, I now have Jovetic too (lol) and both him and Suarez keep Damaio on the bench. In actual fact, Damaio has declined as a footballer and isn't as good as a lot of strikers so was a big mistake in hindsight. I got Abel Hernandez on a free as my first new striker, ended up selling him to Real Madrid but should have sold Damaio instead.

Each save is different to the next though, so good luck.

Last edited:
Thanks I brought Doumbia in the end he was cheaper and i had to buy a new centre back and a winger, Doumbia being faster also swung it for me I think. I might look in to buying Jovetic as i use an inside forward so he could be good there hopefully. thanks for your help :)

I think the best is Doumbia, because is a beast and is cheaper than Damiao

Status
Not open for further replies.