andywilmot

Reaction score
is this just me or are most English players far to stubborn and greedy. I'm usually quite successful at haggling and getting close to what i want to pay them rather than the absurd amount they want, but English players are just to stubborn... any one else agree or is it just me under-rating them LOL.

i agree, but i'd stretch it to most of europe. It makes much more sense for me when managing a cash strapped club to sign youth from south america and africa. Much cheaper and usually end up just as good.

Yeah it seems that in FM and IRL too that most european players like playing football, but the money is just as important. Whereas generally players from africa and s.america will have lower demands because they just love playing football.

i dont think ive scouted africa, ever... is there any good scouts to recommend for searches over there ?

I manually do it, on January 15th when they are created i go over and manually check out some of the best teams or ones i've had success with in the past. It is the cheapest way to get class young players as most of them are available for $0 and only percentages of the next sale. I find the best clubs to be ASEC, Africa Sports, Kotoko, MangaSport, Heartland, Enyimba, Petro Atletico, TP Mazembe, and Kano Pillars. Although check out any major teams as listed on the country overview page.

You can build a good enough team without ridiculous wages, if the player wants to much...don't sign him no matter how good he is. I'm in my 3rd season with Lille having one the league and 2 cups, I have no players with wages over £50k p/w. I know it's france but you can do it in the Prem as well if you're clever.

I think some of the offers can be ridiculous for english players. For example sunderland want roughly 30 million for Jordan Henderson.

I manually do it, on January 15th when they are created i go over and manually check out some of the best teams or ones i've had success with in the past. It is the cheapest way to get class young players as most of them are available for $0 and only percentages of the next sale. I find the best clubs to be ASEC, Africa Sports, Kotoko, MangaSport, Heartland, Enyimba, Petro Atletico, TP Mazembe, and Kano Pillars. Although check out any major teams as listed on the country overview page.

Thanks mate im in December so i wont have long to wait to check them out.

alexjp123- i always try and have a wage-cap it makes me cringe offering huge amounts, especially if there greedy and are on say £10,000 and then want £50,000

Bowen91 - agree with you there aswell, i had a west brom player im not sure who it was, but he was worth around 2 mil, they wanted 13 for him, but then again IRL if someones english there price triples