estimated game speed and computer performance STARS

Stetchkov

Reaction score
Im about to be starting a new game and would like to know about a few things first.

1. No matter how many "Nations" + "Lowest Active League" I select my "Computer Performance always stays at a 5 STAR rating. But my "Estimated Game Speed will loose stars the more nations and lowest active leagues i select if the MODE is set to "Playable". How many league is it safe to load under playable and view-only?

2. what star rating is it still good to play with? 3 out of 5? i just dont want it to be super slow and lag.

I just get told to buy players from other members and when i look for them they are not on my game....and i would just like to be able to buy any player for the most part that i find on FM...

if i select 9 random nations with 2 being playable and the rest view-only will i be able to buy players (under the view only nations) and find them because i have view only selected?

im confused with the basics and creating the best/biggest size game so i can have endless suplly of players, etc etc.

also does enabling the german national team cause crash dumps? my old saved game did it every time i tried to play no matter what....and idk if it was because of enabling anything because when i created a new game i didnt change anything just created another, and the national team didnt show up anymore for some odd reason and hasnt dumped anymore...

You'll be able to find players to a certain extent under view only. You won't have all the players, just a select few. More than if you didn't select them at all but less that if you selected playable.

so playable you get all players from that nation, and if you select view only you might get the majority of any player i might want but i wont be finding a "joe schmo". so its better to have a playable nation (even if im not ever going to manage a team in that nation) then a view-only nation?

what about the stars? i hate how it goes down after an extra nation.

I usually select the big nations as playable (France, Germany, Spain, Brazil and England) even if I have no intention of playing in them. As far as the stars go it all depends on what your comp. can take. Each nation you add is just more data that your computer has to process. Mine for example, will only get up to 4 stars if I have 1 nation loaded with a small db. :p

i have 5 stars all the time as well, but with 9-12 nations selected it goes down to 2.5-3 stars.

whats the performance difference from .5 to 5 stars? obviously a lot but more then a smart a** response.

I've found it to be the difference between microseconds and milliseconds. But the star system seems a bit borked on my system (and others have experienced similar things). Trial and error is the only way to find out for sure mate.

can i just "holiday" or do i actually gotta put in effort to find out when my pc cant handle anymore ....:( i dont like chores/work :( lol

7 nations & 17 leagues makes my computer performance 2 stars.

Last edited:
how the **** do you have such high star ratings? what computer/laptor are you using ? :O

the star system is very flawed. SI know about this and are trying to fix it

blimey, i only ever have half a star and me graphics are pretty bad but not awful