fenposh

Reaction score
I have created all the leagues and couny cups down to level 14, but when i try to create the fa vase, i add all the leagues, i add all the rounds, but the section which has how many teams are in the competiton always defaults to 256 teams intead of the 1210 it should be. can anyone help me out here pls?

you need to save it as a .xml and manually edit the code by finding the competition and changing the number before saving. then as long as you don't re change that number in the editor you're fine to carry on as normal and it will stay as it is but if you try and change it then it will default back to 256 again and you'll have to repeat the process.

cheers sammyt can you tell me how to do this though please. I have completed all of the other changes to the database i want i.e leagues, clubs, players. so this with the vase is the last thing i need to do. saving it as a xml with not affect any of the ohers changes i have made will it?

basic cup settings.rar

go to editor/ data/ format/ rule group/ and find : basic cup settings.xml file and delete it.
take my file and copy it into the folder(rule group folder)

dont start editor until you finish this. now you can chose up to 3000 clubs

go to folder where is your game install. then go to editor/ data / format / rule group- folder

i have windows 7. if i go my computer/c drive/sports interactive/fm2012/ i only get data editor. am i looking in the wrong place?

go to C or D(where is your Windows installed?) and go to program files/ SEGA/ Football manager 2012/editor/ data/ format/ rule group

i cannot find a sega file. i have searched using the windows tool as well. like i said i go C/ sports interactive/fm2012/dataeditor. but cant find anythin further. I did install this game using the offical game from a shop. its not a dodgy copy. v frustratin as this is the last thing i need to do!

i cannot find a sega file. i have searched using the windows tool as well. like i said i go C/ sports interactive/fm2012/dataeditor. but cant find anythin further. I did install this game using the offical game from a shop. its not a dodgy copy. v frustratin as this is the last thing i need to do!

i've also got windows 7 so it should be in the same place for you as it is for me.

go to c/programfiles(x86)/steam/steamapps/common/footballmanager2012editor/data/format/rulegroup

if this doesn't work then quote me so I see this and i'll explain the saving to .xml method. if you can get the cup settings file working then it will mean you can go up to 3000 teams on any cup in any file whereas the .xml method has to be repeated for each cup.

i've also got windows 7 so it should be in the same place for you as it is for me.

go to c/programfiles(x86)/steam/steamapps/common/footballmanager2012editor/data/format/rulegroup

if this doesn't work then quote me so I see this and i'll explain the saving to .xml method. if you can get the cup settings file working then it will mean you can go up to 3000 teams on any cup in any file whereas the .xml method has to be repeated for each cup.

And we have success. thank u very much guys!