Karzid

Reaction score
Fabian Delph is a very well known Aston Villa young gun, but previously I overlooked him way too much. Started a game as Aston Villa, and signed Guti, Martin Palermo, Adriano and Gilberto Silva. Fabian Delph was but a substitute, but one friendly I brought him in and he continuously had insanely close long shots. He could play well down the middle whenever we got forward, and all in all he performed better than Guti had in the first half.

Now I play him in an attacking based Central Midfielder and he's scored two league goals in six appearances, has three assists, and two MOTM. Both of his league goals, and one he scored against Vorskia in the EURO Cup, were from over 20 yards out. Attacking based Central Midfield seems to bring out the best for Fabian Delph, anyone else had similar experiences with him in that position?

there are so many threads on him. use them

thanks for that delightful little story :D as junior said above, dude, type in Delph and like 40 threads are there :D

I havent actually found a thread on him, anyone care to link me?

this one?

EDIT: ooh thats FM09, doesn't look like a FM10 one is around :)

Lol I DO know how to use the search bar, and like I said I know he's well known, I searched and only found the 09 thread though so thought I'd put in my opinions and the little story.

my bad :p yes he is a good player, i never liked him as he is a little small for my liking for Cm.
otherwise he does turn out to be a good player, many other just as good english Cm's though like Jack Cork and Michael Potts :D

lol you can tell by our massive jump to conclusions we are used to people not using them. never used him tbh, got a very young united side, so not got much space for youngster unless they are 16. hasnt done much with villa in my game, though villa are pretty rubbish in mine

my bad :p yes he is a good player, i never liked him as he is a little small for my liking for Cm.
otherwise he does turn out to be a good player, many other just as good english Cm's though like Jack Cork and Michael Potts :D

He is rather short for CMs, though thus far his height seems to not be much of a factor. While he has won nearly no headers, he has an amazing distance kick for us. As long as he keeps up these performances, he'll remain a first team player for us. I have heard of Jack Cork, and of Michael Potts, never used either though for no particular reason.

Also, three different England Under 21s games just went by, each one Delph scored in.

---------- Post added at 03:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 AM ----------

lol you can tell by our massive jump to conclusions we are used to people not using them. never used him tbh, got a very young united side, so not got much space for youngster unless they are 16. hasnt done much with villa in my game, though villa are pretty rubbish in mine

Villa seem to be absolute **** unless controlled by a human player, last game I played as Fiorentina, Villa got relegated, came 18th (behind Portsmouth...) and then sold off Ashley Young, Gabby Agbonlahor, James Milner and a couple other class players.

If you ever have the spare cash lying around he MIGHT be worth your while, though if you've already got a couple world class mids (as Man U you must) then he may not be of any use.