fabregas as a target man? (as in team instructions)

pridders

Reaction score
managing arsenal and I just thought, what effect does setting a player as the target man actually do? because obviously i want to play through fabregas a lot of the time and i was wondering if setting him as a target man with ball supply to feet would get him on the ball more, still got him as playmaker as well

Your wingers and/or fullbacks (depending on how your formation is set up) will try to cross to him. It sets their cross aim to "target man".

I don't think it would be very helpful to set Fabregas to receive crosses. There is no reason why a team's designated target man needs to be a big strong striker, it could be your poacher or a fast winger instead, but it's probably not very beneficial to use an AMC or MC in my opinion. Hope this helps

Your wingers and/or fullbacks (depending on how your formation is set up) will try to cross to him. It sets their cross aim to "target man".

I don't think it would be very helpful to set Fabregas to receive crosses. There is no reason why a team's designated target man needs to be a big strong striker, it could be your poacher or a fast winger instead, but it's probably not very beneficial to use an AMC or MC in my opinion. Hope this helps

cheers i weren't entirely sure what it did, I'l set it to walcott to run onto then

on what, ball to feet?

Yes, or run onto. Mixed doesn't do too bad either.

As for the original post, if you play Fabregas in the AMC position and having him run into the box as a false nine, setting him as Target Man and Playmaker would ensure most balls will be flown to him, but watch out as crosses can come aerially and as far as I'm aware, Fabregas is pants in the air.

Just manually adjust every players crossing to mixed or where ever you want it, and you then don't have to have people crossing to him too much.

Beware though because he can be marked out of the game if you're playing against a quality DMC.If it does happen then you'll struggle a lot

cese playmaker
ashavin or nasri as advance or deeplying playmaker

it works for me :)

Your players will feed the playmaker as well so dont worry about Cesc not getting the ball :)

but still my problem is cese not getting the acceptable rating, like getting 7 rather than 6