Facing a team coached by Jose Mourinho?

AayushCFC

Reaction score
I took over Chelsea and City hired Mourinho after poor performances, he barely lost and took them from 6th to 2nd. So that's past.

I think many like to play in EPL and must've faced a Jose Mourinho side definitely, I want to discuss how to beat a side coached by him, convincingly. Not talking about home game, where whatever you do it usually works, recently played him in community shield and tried three tactics during match, none worked. (Partly because Negredo was scoring from his right foot, lol)

So he played a 4-2-3-1, EXTREMELY heavy pressing, I mean my players couldn't string a couple of passes together without being tackled, 2 got injured. Initially I tried to play low tempo game, controlling in his half knowing very well that they can counter, but needed to break down that defence with patience. And of course all 3 of their goals were quick counters, I did not play extremely high line and played a DM to cover up but nah, they found a way through.

So now the second tactic I played after realizing I basically committed suicide(after 30 mins, going 2-0 down) with my former tactic, I played normal defensive line, narrow with exploit flanks (since City fullbacks weren't defensively solid) and direct passing, but there was no breaking this defence, managed a single shot on goal, was from set-piece and fortunately scored. Whenever the ball was near City's penalty box, everyone from winger to attacking midfielder would drop and throw their bodies like they're defending for their lives.

City conceded a grand total of 11 goals during his reign, and he was hired around first week of decent so played plenty of games. Also I sold Cech (unfortunately on City were willing to shed money for his services) and kept Courtois, so this season they'll probably concede even less.

And again, the pressing was just out of this world, doubt a user can replicate that with these tactical controls.

unfortunately I have the same problem, if it isn't that then he always seems to score from throw ins/corners

Hahaha, Yeah, ALWAYS. Whenever I've played against him, his team always scores one from set-piece. And the set-piece bug in recent patch doesn't help.

Okay I forgot to add a little question at the end for my post to make sense, how would you recommend facing Jose Mourinho's team? Tactically?

I lost to him in Community Shield, just won in League at Etihad and now I've to play them at Etihad in Capitol one cup, and it's only September in this season.

The game I won, I played first half patiently totally trusting my backline and GK, played extremely high defensive line, extremely low tempo possession football(4-2-3-1), **** that defense is HARD to penetrate. They had a chance on the counter but a clearance off the line from Luiz saved me. Second half I changed to counter-attacking 4-3-3 and my judgement was right, he went more attacking and I hit City on the counter, scored one and then he changed to 4-2-4 overload, scored another.

Don't think that'll work in upcoming COC game, lets see.

Hi there. Check out my Yeovil story, I've had a few results against Chelsea.

One of them was in my first premier league season, I think 1-1 away.

In fact, I always use the same tactic; a 4-1-4-1 with DM and flat packed midfield 4. Defensive/Very rigid and all the defensive instructions on. Frustrating his side is the best way because they usually aren't creative enough to pick the lock, and you can always nick a goal on the break/set piece as they open up and push further on! :D

Hope that helps! (By the way, Mourinho hates me and always gets riled in the media with me before games, I've sussed the mind games with him haha!)

Mourinho hates everyone, in this game and in real life :p Being a Chelsea fan, I enjoy his pressers in real life but hate the ***** in game.

View attachment 415461

Oh so he thinks we can be friends? Alright, I won't say any harsh words.

View attachment 415460

WUT?

_

Yeah I've keeping an eye on City this season (in game of course) and they lack composure and start shooting from distance when unable to penetrate without individual brilliance (also the story of Chelsea so far this season, ha!)

Okay so I managed to beat City 1-0 at Etihad, so that's 2 wins against City this month in their own backyard. Jose Mourinho does not play fringe players in Capital one cup.

View attachment 415458

We created fair few chances on the counter, had 6 more shots on target than City who were shooting wastefully.

View attachment 415457

And of course Petr Cech was the reason City didn't concede a couple more.

Ironically, the tactic I'm using is a replica of Chelsea (2004-2007) under Jose Mourinho, by callamity. > http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...cs/149386-mourinho-chelsea-3.html#post1936424

have no problem with jose mourinho at all, played him 6 times 2 champions league finals won all,

my bogey team is southhampton......Lambert just loves scoring against me lol

Not a worry anymore, he got sacked, lol. 8 straight 0-0 draws, his teams know how to defend but lack composure on the ball.

I don't know how to reply to that, being a Chelsea fan. I absolutely loathe Leeds. :p

Sent from my C2104 using Tapatalk