Greebo

Reaction score
Hey.

I wanted to knock something up that matched the 4-1-4-1 often used by Germany and Bayern. I didn't really make it (mainly because getting one advanced midfielder to drop back is impossible) but what I DID come up with proved pretty effective.

It's a possession based tactic, but not at the expense of attacking. So no tiki-taka borefest, the team will attack quickly and keep the ball if nothing is on.

A couple of notes - You'll need a lunatic goalie to do the Neuer part so make sure your GK has all the right attributes for a sweeper-keeper.

The full backs are only set to support as they will have plenty of room to get forward anyway so anything more than support makes them into wingers.

The tactic has a very high line so the centre backs are set to cover. For the tactic to work, your CBs must have high acceleration and high anticipation even at the expense of other normal CB attributes - good jumping reach helps too. If you have a couple of carthorses at the back, this won't work.

Everything else is pretty obvious.

I don't use anything fancy in set pieces so try what you want. And before anyone asks, training is irrelevant to this exercise so use what you like :)

View attachment 321437 View attachment 321436

View attachment 321435

No tweaks for away games? How have you got on in Premier League? Unbelievable season that...

The only thing I tweak away is the touchline shouts. Basically, it's 'go get em' at home and 'concentrate' away

Won the Prem the next year but I haven't posted the league table as I thought nobody would believe I hadn't cheated :D

I wanted to try a Bayern based 4-1-4-1 myself and I would probably have gone a slightly different route in midfield. But I thought I'd give your method a quick go my plugging it into my own Forest save and I have to say that the quality of play with this tactic is pretty ****** impressive.

This tactic deserves more attention. Well done pal.

I wanted to try a Bayern based 4-1-4-1 myself and I would probably have gone a slightly different route in midfield. But I thought I'd give your method a quick go my plugging it into my own Forest save and I have to say that the quality of play with this tactic is pretty ****** impressive.

This tactic deserves more attention. Well done pal.

Nice one, thanks!

Hey

SK/A
FB/S BPD/C BPD/C FB/S
DLP/D
AP/S AP/A
RMD RMD
AF/A

the last patch claims to make more through balls so I'm currently trying the AF as a poacher and have him sit up there being a pain in the ****. Bit early to call it yet.

Seems to be working really good this tactic after the patch, gonna test it more a show some ss ad the end of my mid season.

Seems to be working really good this tactic after the patch, gonna test it more a show some ss ad the end of my mid season.

Thanks man. Look forwards to seeing how you get on.

I'm seriously thinking that a game breaker can be built around BPDs launching balls , a covering deep midfield
and a poacher.

My first choice team for the prem season was

GK - Johnstone, RB - Mayke, LCB -Wilson, RCB - Regen, LB - Danny Fox, DLP - Cohen, AP/s - Sergi from Barca, AP/a - Powell on loan, RMD/r = Paterson, Rmd/l - Abdoun, AF/A - Assombalonga

Mayke and Johnstone sucked up my whole budget. Got Sergi for peanuts as he was being grumpy ;)

I'll give this tactic a spin with my Dortmund classic save. Early resaults aren't too good though. Lost the super cup 0-4 against Bayern, and got a draw and a defeat from my first two Bundesliga games. But so far I haven't really gotten a real midfield since Gündogan and Sahin are both still injured and Sven Bender isn't really a DLP.

It also doesn't help that Dortmund has like 300k transfer budget, would have loved to bring in Romero but that just wasn't possible with that kind of budget.

Edit 1: Oh and just a quick remark about the Bayern/Germany title. That's a bit misleading since this is nothing like Bayern plays at all. Very little possession and passing success usually is like around 75% whereas Bayern always has around 95%.

Edit 2: Well just as I write this my Dortmund side finishes a game with 87% passing success. Quite interesting how the same tactic seems to produce totally different passing success rates against different opponents.

Edit 3: As I thought with some of my midfielders coming back from injury that tactic picked up and I'm now first in the league after 9 games with 6 straight wins in the Bundesliga. Looks promising so far. Btw Kuba on the right wing is scoring for fun and Immobile is also getting a great return on goals but he got injured now and my other strikers are pretty ****.

Last edited:
You can't equate passing success wholly to the tactic. Play this tactic with Wrexham and you can hardly expect 90% passing rates. I also explained in the op that my intention was to recreate Bayern/Germany, didn't get it right but found this instead ;)

Dortmund only have 300k to spend? Jeez, that's harsh. Nine games and 6 wins is what I'd expect from any tactic at the start. I give any new tactic at least until christmas to 'bed in'.

I really like the flow of this tactic. Has anyone had issues with players suddenly shooting at defenders more so than usual? Seems all the times it should be a goal, even one on one, they decide to shoot straight at a defender/keeper.

I really like the flow of this tactic. Has anyone had issues with players suddenly shooting at defenders more so than usual? Seems all the times it should be a goal, even one on one, they decide to shoot straight at a defender/keeper.

Thanks man.

Haven't noticed the defender thing but I still have SI's latest version of Goalkeepers Do The Craziest Things.

Hi mate. Congrats on your results that is amazing with Forest. Can you tell what are the shouts you actually use home and away please?

Hi mate. Congrats on your results that is amazing with Forest. Can you tell what are the shouts you actually use home and away please?

'Concentrate' at the start and end of each half home or away. Irregular use of 'Concentrate' when away (I just spam them with it). 'Get Creative' mid way through each half at home and 'Push Forward' if they haven't scored and are being lazy bastards :D