FC Bayern Munchen team overhaul idea

Lord_Slop

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm in the third season with Die Bayern, taken the league and cup first two seasons but exited in the Champions cup first knockout round in both seasons.

I've made one major purchase in the first season which was Hulk for 32 Million, played him as AML - Inside forward for the first season, then moved to him to be a lone striker - Complete forward support in a 4-5-1 formation.

The club seems to be having financial difficulties, they can't afford a budget over 20 Million for the last 2 seasons, so I've been feeding off the bottom, namely free transfers or find transfer listed players at bargain prices and sign players who are on youth contracts.

Also, got rid of a lot of the high earners in the team by letting them leave on free transfers, wage budget is now at 2.2 Million, down from 2.8 Million.

My question is this, Arsenal have shown interest in my top 3 earners, Hulk, Ribery and Robben. I can tie up Arda Turan and Davide Santon on free transfers in January.

I was considering selling Ribery to Arsenal and replacing him with Arda Turan who is a very good player and will definitely get a lower salary than the 250K/week that Ribery is making, also I can ditch Hamit Altintop and get Santon.

Any advice if this would be a good idea?

Sell Ribery, get Arda, just remember, confirm the transfer of Ribery at the end of the season only if you are in Jan!

Arda still asks for over 100k a week though, but he is a great player and younger than Ribery...

Santon is a defender and wont really replace any of the players you mentioned above... if you can get double what you paid for Hulk then sell him but try and keep Robben if you can!

you can always look at the following cheapish but fantastic replacements:

Vagner Love- CSKA
Seydou Doumbia - CSKA
Falcao - Porto
Nicolas Gaitan - Benfica
Cristian Eriksen - Ajax
James Rodriguez - Porto
Lucas - Sau Paulo
Willian - Shakthar
Eden Hazard - Lille
Pablo Piatti - Almeria
Eljero Elia - HSV
Alan Dzagoev - CSKA
Yohan Mollo - Monaco
Renato Augusto - Leverkeusen
Georgino Wijnaldum - Feyenoord
Giuliano - Internacional
Coutinho - Inter
Bryan Ruiz - Fc Twente
Alex Teixeria - Shakthar
Welliton - Spartak Moscow
Dentinho - Corinthians
Edinson Cavani - Napoli (not cheap but great)
Robert Acquafresca - Genoa
Guillaume Hoarau - PSG
Nilmar - Villareal
Ezequiel Lavezzi - Napoli
Tiago Alves - Santos
Cedric Bakambu - Souchaux Montbe
Sergio Araujo - Boca

if you need anymore, just let me know :)

Sold Robben to arsenal for 27m.

Key player but a hog on the wages and extremely injury prone.

Trying to sell ribery aswell as he is injury prone.

Keep Hulk. Sell ribery and robben and get cheaper players. The rest of the money can be placed into the wages therefore more income.

Arda turan looks good and if possible try getting bryan ruiz.

Lucas and Elia that Raiken said I'd suggest getting.

Elia you can pick up for 15mil if he's still at HSV and is one of the best wingers (Sanchez/Mata will set you back double Elia's price), Lucas has a release clause(6.75) which makes him well worth the money. So you could realstically pick them both up for the money you have available.

Cavani is a beast, can be a pain to sign though expect to pay 20m+

I dont really know what robben and ribery but i wouldnt sell hullk he has been great for me since i bought him in season 2 for man utd for just £18 million scores and gets loads of assists as a AML. For a replacement for the AMR i would look at sanchez from udinese being a decent player for me.

To save money see what you have in your reserves and if there is any players that wont make it to the first team or players that just arnt good enough sell them.

cavani is way overrated in the game though isnt he?? he not half as good in real life.

I'll let Ribery go to Arsenal then and replace with free Arda.

About Santon, Altintop is my sub full back, so I was considering letting him go.

Also, that would leave me with one extra winger, who should I get rid of Muller, Shaquiri or Kalou? Muller is the best of the lot, but he has personal issues with me cause I agreed on a 60M transfer for him earlier this season and he refused to leave and has refused to interact with me ever since.

Last edited:
if you sell ribery to arsenal you should deffinately invest a few million on yaya sanogo, cheap to buy on my game and scores a loooad of goals 20+ a season at least and he was my sub striker at arsenal. also look at babacar who can usually be picked up for cheap or lukaku who are scoring beasts. 60 million for muller wooow that would have opened the door to some major purcheses lol

sell Kalou :) Muller will get over himself, dont stress! post a screenshot of your squad when you are finished signing players :)

Sorry for the delay, but decided to wait till all the transfers have been executed.
Thomas Muller insisted on leaving, so I let him let on a 31 Million dollar transfer to Atletico Madrid + 25% of next transfer's profit.
Toni Kroos was under-performing for 2 seasons, so I let him go to Real Madrid for 20 Million + 40% of next transfer's profit (Sold them the clause for another 10 Million).
Hamit Altintop left for 5.5 Million.
Diego Contento to Arsenal for 8 Million + 30% of next transfer's profit.
Xherdan Shaqiri was sent out on loan for one season till I can dispose of Ribery and Kalou.
Borught in Arda Turan, Davide Santon and Stevan Jovetic on free transfers to close the gaps.

View attachment 186615

The team now has 2 regens which have been promoted to the first team, which I'm attaching screenshots.

View attachment 186613View attachment 186614View attachment 186616View attachment 186620

Please let me know any suggestions to improve this team.