Downesy28

Reaction score
I usually do lower league management with teams in the 6th tier such as Workington, Oxford City and North Ferriby. This year i wanted to try a new challenge with FC Romania. I read about the team when they went on a cup run this year, they are a team set up by Romanians and they have gone from the 16th tier to the 9th tier in 8 years. Here is a link to their wiki page: F.C. Romania - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia I like the idea of taking this team up the leagues as far as i can go with mostly Romanian Players. This could be a struggle due to the age of the current squad and the fact that the youth players are English. I will try my best to see if i can get into the football league with this side. I've loaded up the Romanian Leagues along with the English lower league database. I can't find a way that would make the youth players Romanian, if anyone knows how to please let me know. I'm not sure how feasible this challenge is but i'll give a go and see if we can pick some talented Romanian regens in the future. Attached is my squad, tactics and my best player Cornel Cornea. The standard of the players is very good so hopefully i can take this squad far. I won't be updating in any order, i will update at least 5 times a season (probably more) but i will just see how its going and anything worth showing i will show. Hope you enjoy!

Last edited:
First month has been pretty solid, won all games and players are all too good for the divison. I'm struggling with signings because there isn't any Romanian players available really but there is plenty in the database for the future when we hopefully climb up the leagues. These are my results, the league table and the top performers. Petresc is looking really good for the future, and my strikers are banging them in.

Its still going well but i have had a few slip ups, i have had some injury problems but we're still confident in first. I do worry that this side is just ageing and i think bringing in Romanian players is going to be a struggle. We'll carry on and hopefully get the first of many promotions. I'll do a review of my squad at the end of this season and see where FC Romania is heading in the future.

Keep it up. I'm from Romania, and i'm really interested and excited to read your carrer.

To make your youth players Romanian, you need to change the clubs 'Base Nation' in the editor to Romania. Everything else will stay the same (Clubs nationality, European qualification etc) but your youth players will start to come through as Romanian.

Good luck with this.

It continues to go well, bit of a bad January but we'll push on. I am struggling with injuries and knowing i'll struggle to get Romanian players in is a worry. I think i'll play until the end of the season then i'll review and show most of my first team and future plans.

Keep it up. I'm from Romania, and i'm really interested and excited to read your carrer.
Cheers, the updates will be sporadic but i am sure i can keep it going and hopefully build a team which can establish itself in the football league

Youth Intake day has come and its good news, they are all Romanian. i gave the editor file for the leagues to someone to try and make it work for romanian youth intake, they thought it hadn't worked but it has. They are all born in England and have english names but they are Romanian. I actually got some decent players in as well, i had the youth coaching and recruitment upgraded and its worked. I've attached a couple of our best intake players, they are really good for this level i think.