Few Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

NerazzurriM

Reaction score
Hi all, I just bought FM10 but am new to the management genre and FM series so have a few questions. I've got promoted to the champ with a league 1 side, have survived a mid-table second season but now can't find any way to compete financially. Is there any chance of a board takeover or not in this game? I'd rather stick with my home-town club and take them to the top than leave..
Secondly, I have just become the National manager of Egypt but at present my profile only speaks English. Is it possible for me to learn Arabic and if so how do I go about this?
Thirdly, last season i was unfortunately in that several loan signings were ruled out for the season but I could find no way to terminate the loan to get them off the wage bill, is this possible?

Thanks in advance!

Yes yes bruv,reppin' the Rovers bruv!

Anyway,to answer your questions:

1. Board takeovers are normally done a couple of seasons into the game,maybe three or four,but I also doubt you'll get a board takeover as they can be rare.I have been at Juventus in my game for five years and there hasn't ever been a takeover since.I've won nearly everything with them and still no luck.
  2. Well,you have to be in Egypt a bit longer I guess.I was formerly the manager of the Belgian U21's before I left to manage the England U21's.Now it says on my CV that I can speak English,Italian,Belgian and Swahili.You have to just let the game pass by whilst you are the manager and then it should come up.
  3. You're gonna have to stick with it.The wage bill will have to suffer but you'll also have to achieve as high a finish as you can so that you will have a good amount of income for the next season and then that will help get the wage bill back to a good healthy state.
Hope this helps. :)

GK:
Dani Mallo
Rhys Evans
Jamie Young

DF:
Carl Regan
Albert Serran
Sol Campbell
Calum Davenport
Noel Kaseke
Danny Coles
Pedro Botehlo
Jordan Spence (Loan)
Pablo Richetti (Loan)

MF:
Tom Cleverly (Loan)
Rodrigo Possebon (Loan)
Salif Diao
Dominic Blizzard
Albert Baning
Constant Bertin
Chris Lines
Ben Swallow
Stuart Campbell
Najib Farsane
Toufik Zerara

FW:
Aruna Dindane
Liam Buchanan
Ladislas Douniama
Thernand Bakouboula
Madamy Sidibe (Loan)
Viktor Anichebe (Loan)

Thats the lot i believe.

Standards just a phrase, ignore it.

Should of kept Duffy and Hughes. If your second season you can get Boa Morte for free.

Sanchez Watt or Gael Kakuta (sp) will defo do the job at Championship level.

Just going into Third Season, Boa Morte wouldn't come, too high wages elsewhere. Will look out for them, but I don't pay transfer fee's. I do everything on Loan or Free signings so I can have a higher wage bill. Wages are what get the best players anyway, statistically the most succesful clubs are those who pay higher wages, not higher transfer fee's.

Edit: Sold Hughes for 90k and signed Zerara on a free who is twice the player frankly.

Last edited:
Your questions got answered, woo.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.