tripedius

Reaction score
In former FM/CM games players got back to 100% fitness quite easily. You would let them skip a match and the next match they would be 100% again. I mostly played with EPL teams so it was a nusy schedule but none the less it was doable to keep your players fit.

In FM 2009 however there are lots of players who haven't been 100% fit all season (or pre-season for that matter). I fiddled with training intensity but that didn't seem to be of influence that much (aka it didn't work).

I use Tug's training which sets the training intensity at the highest medium setting (mark before last I think). Some people recommended a lesser setting, but that didn't seem to have any effect. Some players now need two matches off at least to be 100%. As a consequence I field players with fitness ranging from 90% - 99% fitness. It doesn't seem to increase injuries, but my players do get very tired very often and the schedule in the EPL is a busy one (league, leaguecup, FA-cup en European Cup) so especcialy fear the last parts of the season.

Does anybody have any tips? I also tried resting (1-2 days) between important matches but to my suprise some players were even worse off than before. Or is it part of the game that players are never 100% fit?

are players in real life always 100% fit? esepcially in the english game, carling cup, fa cup, league, europe. lots of games.

anything above 90% is fine and the player will come through the game with no problems. playing 4 or 5 times in 2 weeks (which happens during hectic periods of the season will obviously take its toll) squad rotation is the key to keeng players fit.

i suggest if you want your squad to 100% all the time then you should only buy players with high natural fitness stats.

I never give a player a start if they're lower than 90%. When the fixtures are conjested I've always found resting a player for one day works, but I only do it the day after a game.