FM 2010 Installation Problems

i brought the game in tesco and it froze during installination nothing comes up when i put the disk in or try to run it and it says this when i go to uninstall it " this application has unexpectedly quit"
"invocation of this java application has caused an invocation targetexception. this application will now exit(LAX) " can u please help me i will really appreciate it :)
Try downloading the latest version of java.

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 PM ----------

Is there anybody on here able to help?!! I suppose everyone will be playing the new game! Any moderators on here, my problem seems pretty straight forward but I'm not the best with computers! PLEASE HELP. I keep re-inserting the CD and it says run autorun.exe, which I click, then the CD starts whirring, then nothing! A complete waste of money and time at the moment!
Have a look in here,there maybe some advice to help: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=159343

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

Hi everyone i bought the game yesterday and then installed it and it was all working fine.( i Installed it offline, not via steam) And when i got to the end of the installation and it says, Please wait Football Manager 2010 is being configured for your system. Then after that has finished it says The installation of Football Manager 2010 is finished, but some errors occurred during the install. Please see the installation log for details. After that i click done, and it uploads the game, but when i came off the game and tried loading up again, there was no place 4 me 2 load it up, no icon or anything, can someone please help me with this
The game is in there,you need to find the little fm 10 icon and shortcut it to your desktop,then all you need to do is double click it to play it.You may not even need the disc.

Try looking in Computer> C Drive > Programme files > Sports Interactive > FM 10

Last edited:
Hey guys... Pls help :(
I can't start instalation
50853971.png

What I should do?

ive loaded it the first time and everything has worked fine, but ive gone to play on it today put the disc in but nothing is coming up at all, please help

ive loaded it the first time and everything has worked fine, but ive gone to play on it today put the disc in but nothing is coming up at all, please help
Did you install with Steam?

no mate i used the offline system
The game is in there,you need to find the little fm 10 icon and shortcut it to your desktop,then all you need to do is double click it to play it.You may not even need the disc.

thats it mate ive found it, your a legend. time to get some hours put in lol. thanks again.

Hi everyone i bought the game yesterday and then installed it and it was all working fine.( i Installed it offline, not via steam) And when i got to the end of the installation and it says, Please wait Football Manager 2010 is being configured for your system. Then after that has finished it says The installation of Football Manager 2010 is finished, but some errors occurred during the install. Please see the installation log for details. After that i click done, and it uploads the game,

I have this same problem, it said I had some errors in installation, is that normal? Also, when I launch the game it just says windows has stopped running this program and boots me off.

I have the latest Direct X downloaded and it still wont work? Any other links or pointers?

hello and help!!! bought fm10 yesterday and it wont even load on my laptop, im thinking i have all minimum requirements for the game as only brought my laptop in august!!! it as windows vista and a nvidia geforce 8200m g card in it. when i put the game in the dvd drive nothing happens at all. my laptop is a cpmpaq cq60, please help as need to bring the glory days back to forest :D lol thanks for looking

can anybody please help me!
i downloaded FM10 installed it got the loading error message.
did that verifying cahce thing
installed direct x & nothing
i have since uninstalled the game about 3 times, unistalled and reinstalled steam.
and basically pulled my hair out and it still wont load,

can anybody help me please

My dvd drive refuses to recognise the disc and installing through steam is so slow it take days!

I have recently bought Football Manager 10 and it won't install the game on either setting. On the setting for Steam, after i have accepted where abouts steam is too be saved (in a steam folder) it will not let me start to install and comes up with this message
'Error 1305. Error reading from file:
D:\thirdparty\steam\SteamInstall_English.msi. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.'

And clicking retry does nothing to do. So i went into this folder where the file was and when i clicked on the SteamInstall_English.msi file it came up with a message that said
'This installation package could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package.'

So i tried the other setting where you do the installation offline and it all goes ok until it says your downloading data and it just gets stuck on that and i have to cancel the installation.

If anyone could help with either of these problems it would be much appreciated!

i'm having a problem when i run the setup. It opens a blank exe like cr7cr7's one and then says installanywhere self extractor has encountered a problem. How could I fix it?

I downloaded the demo fine and everything was good until i tried loading my save and it comes up with​

XML parsing error​

not well formed (invalid token) at line 1 of last_saved_game.xml​

So now i have to start a new save every time​

Last edited:
i can't find the data editor anywhere?

I have answered that question at least 20 times now. Please search in the future....

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=22235

I downloaded the demo fine and everything was good until i tried loading my save and it comes up with​

XML parsing error​

not well formed (invalid token) at line 1 of last_saved_game.xml​

So now i have to start a new save every time​

Try reading this guide see if it helps fix your problem...

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f68/xml-parsing-error-solution-t9306.html