FM 2010 XML Parsing Error Solution

I have had the same problem as everyone else on this, first time round i lost the game two games into the season. i wasnt very impressed cos i had to start the season again but i did this and once again the game has had this error and i have lost my game for the second time, and this time i was 10 games in and unbeaten in them all! so i am not very impressed cos the game wont load again apart from the start of the season! Is there any fix so that i can get my saved game back and a fix that this problem wont come back again! cos i am seriously considering giving up playing it until a perm fix has been released. Any help would be great?

I have had the same problem as everyone else on this, first time round i lost the game two games into the season. i wasnt very impressed cos i had to start the season again but i did this and once again the game has had this error and i have lost my game for the second time, and this time i was 10 games in and unbeaten in them all! so i am not very impressed cos the game wont load again apart from the start of the season! Is there any fix so that i can get my saved game back and a fix that this problem wont come back again! cos i am seriously considering giving up playing it until a perm fix has been released. Any help would be great?

On the preferences screen make sure you have it set to autosave and so that it is set to a 5 file rolling save. This way you will have 4 backups of your game.

hi guys, i load football manager through steam and i have done what you have told me but its saying radial ............. and i don no how you delete the folder. can someone tell me please....

hi, thanks for showing how to do it but i still have a problem. when i go into documents and settings it doesnt come up with the option to go onto my username, only the other usernames on the computer which means i cant complete the process. i can follow your instructions for other users but it dont come up with mine. if i try going through 'all users' then it doesnt come up with the options you have said i need to use.

i really dont want to lose this game as its one of the best i have ever had. is there a way i can transfer my game to another user????

is there any perm fix to get rid of this problem because everytime i play the game this error occurs again? And its starting to annoy me having to delete stuff and restarting my comp everytime i want to play the game!

is there any perm fix to get rid of this problem because everytime i play the game this error occurs again? And its starting to annoy me having to delete stuff and restarting my comp everytime i want to play the game!

Same here. Just started happening yesterday, now I can never access my most recent save.

Sean i have found app data but cant find sports interactive in there. Please help mate just got leeds in the Premier league after winning League 1 and championship. Desparado for this to be fixed

this has fixed my start up problem but cant loads saved games

You're brilliant mate. I was going to buy a new laptop untill I found the solution. Thank you so much!

I have my last saved game corrupted and i have to play a whole season again because that's where my last saved game was. :mad: I had a great season, also i signed shitloads of great players and everything...:( I had my FM making backups for faily saves also but it saved it properly and when i wanted to quit fm my pc had blue death and restarteed...:( **** this game i am really sad now.

SI really need to work on this error. it's really annoying.

Last edited:
If you are getting an Invalid Token XML Parsing Error message then do the following...

Delete the following folder:

XP: C:\Documents and Settings\[your username]\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\settings

Vista\Windows7: C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\settings

Once deleted restart your computer and try launching the game again.

If you are unable to locate the folders please ensure that hidden folders are enabled as detailed below:

- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Select Folder Options*
- Select View
- Select Show Hidden files and folders

my football manager works but my game doesnt work. can i fix this ?

Hi i have this problem and it wont let me delete that folder any ideas?

---------- Post added at 02:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 AM ----------

dont worry its because i was trying to load them game :p

I get an error saying "The Saved Game Could Not Be Loaded"

Anyone know how to sort this ?