FM-Base Defensive Right of the Year Award

• Thread starter Sam
  • Start date
  • Replies 43
  • Views 2K

Who has been the best DR in the Prem this year?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Panstsil has been bench warming since Roy left.

If you think Stephen Carr like this post.

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------

Cos it's pointless to do anymore

Shameless plug for likes. Tut tut.

And that's not the problem, it's just that if you do insist on cutting the list short (Leaving out the regulars of a lot of clubs), then it'd help to at least choose the best candidates that wouldn't win. IE: Carr >>>> Cuellar, Pantsil and Johnson.

Having every possible choice makes it seem more official and gets everybody's opinion too.

like my post, lol :)

Sam, its not about what you think bud, if you are asking members what they think then I think you should adhere to what we suggest as we are the ones voting are'nt we?

Although i hate him (although not as much as i hate his ugly little rat faced brother) i would have to say Phill Neville. I think he has had a sensational season and deserves full credit. One of the first players to keep Bale queit when he went through his out of this world performances. Brana has had a decent season but nowhere near as good as last season.

Shameless plug for likes. Tut tut.

And that's not the problem, it's just that if you do insist on cutting the list short (Leaving out the regulars of a lot of clubs), then it'd help to at least choose the best candidates that wouldn't win. IE: Carr >>>> Cuellar, Pantsil and Johnson.

Having every possible choice makes it seem more official and gets everybody's opinion too.

Have to get them somehow, is there any way you can edit the Poll?

I've been very impressed with Kyle Walker this season, as well as Carr, and Micah Richards has done well in most of the games that I have seen him play. From that list, I'd have to say Sagna though. He's so consistent and his pace is a great asset defensively, he's probably the best right back in the division currently.

Sam you should put all options, as suggested. Some people may vote for someone on different reasons then you would e.g. I would have voted for Martin Kelly or Kyle Walker due the fact they are young and have shown they have PL quality. They may not be the best rbs in the league but they could be considered the Defensive Right of the Year Award due to the fact they have shown they are young and have shown they have the quality to be top rbs in the league in the future

Sam you should put all options, as suggested. Some people may vote for someone on different reasons then you would e.g. I would have voted for Martin Kelly or Kyle Walker due the fact they are young and have shown they have PL quality. They may not be the best rbs in the league but they could be considered the Defensive Right of the Year Award due to the fact they have shown they are young and have shown they have the quality to be top rbs in the league in the future

Isn't the player of the year awards for the players who are already the best?

Last edited:
Isn't the player of the year awards for the layers who are already the best?

that is one way of interpreting it. However others may interpret it in a different way, like I have

It's right-back of the year though. The right-back who has been the best in the league THIS year.

It's right-back of the year though. The right-back who has been the best in the league THIS year.

best in what sense though? Best ability, best potential, best commitment, best discipline etc. Don't want this thread to become a debate of sorts, rather just post who you would think deserves it and why

best in what sense though? Best ability, best potential, best commitment, best discipline etc. Don't want this thread to become a debate of sorts, rather just post who you would think deserves it and why

The awards are given on match performances, not potential future match performances.

Best overall performance.

Voted for Rafael (maybe a bit biased) but I believe the young Brazilian has came on leaps and bounds again this season. His attacking game is excellent and has bottles of energy although his defending and decision making needs to improve if he is to be a world class right back.

Stephen Carr or Michel Salgado. Both have been solid despite their age and playing teams around the relegation zone.

Voted Sagna. Now Sagna and Rafael are drawing!

I voted for Rafael, although I have always had a high opinion of him and that could have potentially biased my decision. Hopefully in the future it will be Tottenham's very own Kyle Walker, he has shown the potential to become a great right back, and noone in our squad currently seems to be interested in nailing down the starting role, so he could start playing regularly for us as soon as next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.