muhammadrizka

Reaction score
This tactic based on Barcelona's style, but this not Barca emulate. Maybe better than that LOL 8-|
I'm just want to share my tactic and hopefully get some advice & feedback about this tactic.

***UPDATE**

NOTES

1. To working optimally in other team, make this tactic only as a basis. This tactic is not 'Plug and Play', that mean you need re-tweak to make better adopted in your team.
  2. This tactic is full of tweaking. So, if you are one of manager who working with Touchline, then this tactic is not for you.
  3. Please, read all the tactics needed to carry out this.
  4. Feel free to ask and share about this tactic. Don't forget to rate it to keep this thread exist ;)
Here we go

FORMATION
FCBarcelonaBarcelona_Tactics-1.png

Specific Role :
GoalKeeper : Generally GK attribute. Reflexes, One on One, Agility, Jumping.
Fullback : If you have pacey player in this section, you can more pushing up as Wing Back.
Centreback : Make two model from CB. First, Towering Defender (Height, strenght, jumping, header, etc). Second, Stylish Defender (Agility, Decision, Anticipation, Pace, etc). Exp, Vidic-Ferdinand, Pique-Puyol etc.
Anchorman : As link between Defender-Midfielder. Simple Short Passing. Stay back all the time.
Deep Lying Playmaker (Primary Playmaker) : Speed not needed. Keep the ball well. Passing, First Touch, Creativity, etc. Xavi style.
Adv. Playmaker Attack : More speedy, Agility, Dribbing. Iniesta style.
Inside Forward (Left-Right) : Dribbler-man.
Complete Forward : Can act like attacking midfield, False 9, Finishing.

Setpiece :

1. Corner Kick : Attack Far Post
  2. Throw In : Short
  3. Free Kick : Best Header
Opposition Instructions :

1. Striker : Pacey, High Flair, Tehnique ==> Tight Marking Always Only, (Weaker Foot Optional). Strong, Good Header Ability, Slow ==> Tight Marking Always, Closing Down Always, Weaker Foot, (Hard tackling Optional)
  2. Winger : Pacey, Dribbler==> Tight Marking Always, Weaker Foot. Good Long Shot ==> Plus Closing Down Always.
  3. Midfielder : Playmaker Style==> Tight Marking Always, Closing Down Always, Weaker Foot. Deep-lying/Defensive Mid./Anchorman==> Closing Down Always, Weaker Foot, (Hard Tackling Optional)
  4. Defender : Ball Playing Def.==> (Weaker Foot Optional)
Match Preparation :
Very High workload. And focus on Team Blend. Do this until your pre-season end. Until 2 weeks to your first competitive match. And after that set back Workload to Normal. And focus to Attacking Movement.

Pitch Size Max/Normal

TABLE POSITION :
LIGABBVAInformation_LeagueTable-2-2.png

FIXTURES :
Fixtures-2.png

STATISTIC :
FCBarcelonaBarcelona_Players.png

LIGABBVAStats_PlayerStats-3.png

Tactic available in 2 version, I can't compare which one is the best. So, give it try mate :D

MIRROR :
V1
http://www.mediafire.com/?am4tpf0sne3js28
V2
http://www.mediafire.com/?ha90abydpbpfpp3

ANOTHER ARTICLE :
Zone Press = pos #8
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2011-tactics-training/76958-%5Bfootball-manager-2011%5D-4-5-1-cupu-extreme-possession.html#post1215799

Last edited:
the pass completion looks great. I'll give it a try

This looks brilliant, will try v1 first, and i will leave some feedback later.

Just 1 question the pictures show v1 plays through the middle and v2 is mixed. Why have you chosen to do this?

Show how your tactics is doing a key player on the left position of the attacker.

This looks brilliant, will try v1 first, and i will leave some feedback later.

Just 1 question the pictures show v1 plays through the middle and v2 is mixed. Why have you chosen to do this?
With v1 possession are strong, minimize the opposing team making opportunity. But sometimes our team difficult to get a goal as well, in this case with v2 will add attack variation from just focus into middle(v1) to middle and other side (mixed).
Nice one. How many passes from the players?
If you asking about Xavi passes, I can make him bring out 100+ passes, but its difficult to balancing with team attack.
This tactic is the best I can get for balance between possession & team attack. The best Xavi passes with this tactic is 85 pass. For screenshot will be added soon :D
Do you think this work with other teams?
I've trying with Bilbao & Sunderland. Screenshot will be added soon :D

---------- Post added at 12:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

Now I'll show you what the team can get quality strong possession, with zone pressing.
Zonepress1.png

To create good zone pressing, the high line of defense is a must.
Show on picture, Kryvtsov(Shakhtar) looking struggle to pass the ball. Our midfield pressing until the opponent zone.
Zonepress2.png

The instructions is zonal marking with tight, but looking more like man marking. Zonal marking give players more options to catch the ball and keep him in good position as well (with good closing down setup).
Blue circle show how zonal marking working good.
Zonepress3.png

Villa give the pressure to defender, ball pass quickly forward.
Zonepress4.png

Closing down working good when Iniesta closing opponent movement.
Zonepress5.png

This is where the role anchor-man begin. He cut the ball & pass to playmaker.
Fast transition from defense to attack. But not counter attack.
Zonepress6.png

Srna(FB) overlaping to attack. Before cutting with Busquet, make Neymar free.
Zonepress7.png

And we got a goal(H)

High zone press, give the team good momentum to hit back from defense to attack. And yes, there are risks as well. Sometimes line of defense will leave behind, well indeed nothing is perfect:D

very good and brief description about zonal marking with high defence line.

do you have a screen shot of messi i could see? thanks

looks class will give it a go after i've done exams.
what is the difference between v1 and v2?
how come you got neymar playing instead of pedro?

View attachment 178271View attachment 178272View attachment 178273View attachment 178270
very good and brief description about zonal marking with high defence line.
Hahahaha I'm trying mate, my english not too good :D
In Match screenshot you can say which version you use?
v2
looks class will give it a go after i've done exams.
what is the difference between v1 and v2?
how come you got neymar playing instead of pedro?
v1 possession are strong, minimize the opposing team making opportunity. But sometimes our team difficult to get a goal as well, in this case with v2 will add attack variation, reduce possession a little.

Neymar is not in my plan before the players get a lot of serious injuries include Pedro :D

Last edited:
if you can show team statistics (goals, assists, etc.)

I test your work.

The second match of V1 + OI
View attachment 178354View attachment 178355

The impressive game on the defensive! I really like this style.
By the way, several goals;)
Great result, maybe you can get more goals with v2 :D

I will give all statistic when I finish the season :D
do you have a screen shot of messi i could see? thanks
Attribute? Statistic? Please give me more details :D

Looks great. I wonder though if this could work with a lesser team. Gonna try this out with Swansea and post some results. :)

Interested if it works for other teams. I think Barca can win with any tactic.

Opposition Instructions :

1. Striker : Pacey, High Flair, Tehnique ==> Tight Marking Always Only, (Weaker Foot Optional). Strong, Good Header Ability, Slow ==> Tight Marking Always, Closing Down Always, Weaker Foot, (Hard tackling Optional)
  2. Winger : Pacey, Dribbler==> Tight Marking Always, Weaker Foot. Good Long Shot ==> Plus Closing Down Always.
  3. Midfielder : Playmaker Style==> Tight Marking Always, Closing Down Always, Weaker Foot. Deep-lying/Defensive Mid./Anchorman==> Closing Down Always, Weaker Foot, (Hard Tackling Optional)
  4. Defender : Ball Playing Def.==> (Weaker Foot Optional)
It's Your O.I.

What you are giving instructions against AMC and MC?

hy mate...i'm fr0m ind0nesia...and i'm g0nna test your tac with my sunderland....

btw is this f0r 11.3????

and ..if you have gans0 in y0ur team...whre will you play him? in the adv.playmaker sl0t 0r deep lying playmaker???
thanx ......